Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Loan period - moment of return to their owner (13)

sco Arno Wiersma >> thursday may 16 - 21:41
It seems that when you loan a player, you loan him for 52 weeks. That means that if you loan a player at the end of the transfer period, you get him back at the end of the transfer period in the next season. In theory I suppose if the deal is completed after the transfer period ends, you'll get the player back at after the transfer period in the next season is finished.

This is inconvenient; I'd like to be able to decide what to do with my loaned players before that.

I would suggest loaning a player for the remainder of a season. In other words: all loaned players return to their club in week 1 of the next season.
sco Arno Wiersma
Registered2013-02-08
au Mr Legs >> friday may 17 - 00:54
Good suggestion, I have a loaned player that I was thinking of selling this trade period, but luckily I get him back tomorrow. Players loaned in the mid-season draft should not be released until the start of the next mid-season draft.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
sco Arno Wiersma >> friday may 17 - 07:05, Edited friday may 17 - 08:49
You cannot loan players during the mid-season draft. But many of my players that I've loaned come back end of next week. So I have to wait untill then to sell them or loan them again.
sco Arno Wiersma
Registered2013-02-08
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday may 17 - 08:05
Good idea, next loans will always be till the end of the next full season.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
sco Arno Wiersma >> friday may 17 - 09:38
Just to make sure: If I would loan a player now that wouldn't be for 3 weeks (it is week 49 now) but for 3 weeks + the full next season right? Or do you want to allow loaning only in week 1 till end the of the transferperiod?
sco Arno Wiersma
Registered2013-02-08
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday may 17 - 09:43
That's why I said "the next full season" ;) If you loan a player now he'll return at the end of season 3.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng VicRattlehead >> friday may 17 - 09:59
Could this not be inconvenient for playoff teams though? It could hurt them if they don't have a key player. Maybe there could some sort of loan extension until the end of the playoffs as well.
eng VicRattlehead
Registered2013-02-08
hr EroSt >> friday may 17 - 10:03, Edited friday may 17 - 10:04
I also have one more suggestion.

It would be good idea that managers, who made some player available for a loan have some effect in deciding his new loan club. Why? Because if you loan some player it's obvious that you want for that player to play matches and because of that you can arrange some club in which he'll play.
Why am I posting this? Because yesterday one manager ask me am I willing to let one of my young player to go on a loan in his club. He would be in his first squad and play regularly. I thought about this and concluded that it is ideal for him. Why? He would play league matches and get more experience in that club than in my where he would play in U21. So I decided to let him go. After I put him on a loan list, another manager offer him a deal and he decided to go on a loan in that club. I asked that manager will he let him play and he said probably not, but he will play in U21. That made me so angry, because I made a deal and find him club in which he'll get more experience and than he decided to go on a loan in different club where he won't get much experience.

In reality, every manager have impact when he loan one of his players. He knows what's good for him and his future and help him to be better player. He'll find him a club in which he'll play, not in which he'll be on a bench or worse. It would be nice if we have that here. I'm not suggesting that you should decided where will player go if he is on transfer list. Just on a loan list, or have huge impact in his decision. Because everything he do for that player, is in his interest, and he don't want to see him on a bench in different club.
Another idea, if you can do this, is to allow us some options when loaning players. Like contract in which will be. If PLAYER A, while he is on a loan, don't play at least OPTION=(10/15/20/25/30) game for that club overall in seniors, that manager will have to pay expenses for braking contract in the amount of (eg. tripple of his value).
hr EroSt
Registered2013-02-07
sco Arno Wiersma >> friday may 17 - 10:31
@VicRattlehead
Playoffs should be finished during the old season. At least that what I see in the dutch playoffs. If the playoffs are not finished in week 1, the moment of return should probably be moved to a date after the playoffs are concluded.
sco Arno Wiersma
Registered2013-02-08
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday may 17 - 10:50
@Vic: yes, the playoffs are included in the season, so he returns after the playoffs. The "season" starts in week 1 and ends in week 52
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng VicRattlehead >> friday may 17 - 11:47
That is fine then. I was mixing up end the league games with end of the season.
eng VicRattlehead
Registered2013-02-08
hr EroSt >> friday may 17 - 11:56, Edited friday may 17 - 11:56
What's with my suggestion? I realy think it's neccesary, maybe you still didn't met with this type of problem. But when you do, you'll see that I'm probably right, or prove me I'm not :)
hr EroSt
Registered2013-02-07
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday may 17 - 12:29
I see your point and will consider it, but it won't be for this transfer period any more.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15