Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Player database? (15)

dk Kaiser Franz >> wednesday may 29 - 14:48
Hey,

Is it possible to create a player database, including all active
players in the game?

A database where it could be possible to search/scout players
according to different criteria (nationality, star value, price etc.)

At present time being, it´s hard for a manager to scout/find all players of a specific nationality (in theory, you have to constantly scout every single team in the game).

If it´s to difficult (or the creators don´t find it important), maybe you could publish the list provided to the National Coaches (the list from which they choose players)?

What do you think?

Brgds
dk Kaiser Franz
User
Registered2013-02-10
dk FC ReTards
nl Danh >> wednesday may 29 - 15:13
I think the way it is now is very realistic.
IRL u dont go on the pc and search an international database.
You have to make on yourself too bad the shortlist is so limited.
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
fr Tompot >> wednesday may 29 - 15:19
Like Danh, I think it is fair and realistic as it is now.
Also having a better scout office helps you having more results in your search which makes sense and would disappear if lists would be public.
fr Tompot
User
Registered2013-03-14
eng pepsy11 >> wednesday may 29 - 15:41, Edited wednesday may 29 - 17:36
To answer your first question: yes it is! And it is really easy to do. I Think the reason it is not here yet is because of realism, but anybody can make a database with all the players.
I started doing it, but I thaught that the developers have made it the way it is for a reason and i wouldn't feel fair playing with such a great advantage. =)
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday may 29 - 16:08
We already have a database with all the players but we won't make it publicly searchable. I don't think you need this to play the game and I see no benefits of adding this.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng pepsy11 >> wednesday may 29 - 17:37
Well.. There are obvious advantages if you can search in all the players I would say
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
dk Kaiser Franz >> wednesday may 29 - 19:10
A database is not a "must" to play the game, but it would definitely be a helpful tool in scouting players.

The argument reg. a database is not realistic compared to "real life", is way off (sorry to say :-)

IRL clubs have big scouts network, agents searching and offering players, the mass media providing info etc.
Can you imagine a situation, where a young talented English player is playing abroad and the English top clubs not knowing it?
dk Kaiser Franz
User
Registered2013-02-10
dk FC ReTards
nl Balladeer >> wednesday may 29 - 19:57
But those clubs have to put in a lot of effort (time and/or money) to get these kind of lists, in this game you can also scout a lot of players and write them down if you like them (so, you have to put in a lot of effort), pretty realistic!
nl Balladeer
User
Registered2013-02-09
eng pepsy11 >> wednesday may 29 - 21:00
Well.. I don't agree with either..
It is true that IRL clubs have those scouting networks and what follows, but as Balladeer says, it costs a lot of time, effort and money.
I would like to see the scouting facility to get some kind of additions so that you could scout countries. Say at level 1 you could hire 1 scout. You could then pay to send your scout to a continent or a group of countries for some time and then he could gather information about interesting players. You could even have more specific scout options, like talents or experienced players. =)
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
br Irvine Kinneas >> wednesday may 29 - 21:37
More options in the scout office is a good thing. It could be a good idea, but a thing to think in the future. Now, the way that the guy who created the topic said, it seems so strange. Somehow it could destroy the importance of that building.
br Irvine Kinneas
User
Registered2013-02-08
nl Danh >> thursday may 30 - 07:26
What mikkel says could be nice for an extra in scout center the ability to scout a country for a small price and after it say like 2 days per league lvl you get a small list of players he thinks is interesting.
The higher the lvl of scout center the more regions u can send ur scout to just like the tl.

It is still realistic and makes scoutcenter a bit more fun imo.
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
nl Abe Bodaan >> thursday may 30 - 10:42, Edited thursday may 30 - 10:42
Would there come a time when we can submit new names for the database. I would like to add my own lastname for example..
nl Abe Bodaan
User
Registered2013-05-27
cw Meteora
eng pepsy11 >> thursday may 30 - 15:12
Tsujmi -> That is not for this thread. =) But player names have been mentioned in the past and i know that they are willing to listen to what you have to say about the current player names if you make a new thread about it. =)
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
nl Koen >> thursday may 30 - 20:47
In my opinion, the scoutoffice is already way too strong. Increasing the options there will make it even stronger. I could live with the idea that using these new options would cost you money, but for free would be a bad idea. The reason is that in quite a lot of regions there is not a lot happening during transferperiods. Then someone makes the effort of searching all players, and getting one on the transferlist. And all of a sudden, all those players that didn't put in any effort, consider that player quite good, and like a bunch of vultures they are willing to pay an enormous amount of money for that player. The guy that did the actual work is now slightly protected by the new highest-bid-rule, but I think that pure laziness is still rewarded way too much. And it's the strength of the scoutoffice that makes this possible.
nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
eng pepsy11 >> thursday may 30 - 21:45
Koen -> There is just a thing with online gaming, and that is that people tend to want to cheat in some way. If you could jsut buy players and have the player not be shown "for sale" for all other players, then transfering money between teams would become insanely easy.

If the scouts office got some featues as talked about, then it should cost something to use of course. Anything else would be unrealistic and silly
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16