Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Selling price limit for young players (8)

eng pepsy11 >> saturday june 15 - 13:05
I think that there is a problem with the current limit of sell/buy prices when it comes to young players. They don't have such a high market value, as they are not great yet. But you can see that they will become great players, yet you are not able to sell them for a price worthy of their talent, which is why you might not sell them at all.

This is just an example i found for the occasion:
This player
http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-160161
with high talent, endurence, power and speed, will most likely be worth a lot more than £37000, yet the owner can only receive bids for £45913.

I know that when a player is for sale, the price can go up, and i have seen this happen in this window. I can't find the player now, but he was worth around £30000, and sold for £95000, which is still extremely cheap for a player with the talent he had

I think this will become a problem and already is. Why risk selling your talent for such a stupidly low price when he will be worth much more later?
And where is the risk with buying young players? If i can get a possible star player for £10-50000, why not buy as many as i can? It won't have such a big impact on my finances early on, and i can just sell them again with profit if they don't turn out as good as i need. Large clubs will in a few season just hunt small clubs for their talents, and they can buy them all for very little money, and the small club will have made a very little profit, if they choose to sell. And if they don't want to sell, then we will just see talented players, loose their potential on small traning grounds, because that is actually better fot the club, than earning £30000.
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
it Echo >> saturday june 15 - 13:21
I'm experiencing the transfer period for the first time but I already could see that 2 on 3 of this kind of players go to be paid at least 3 times their estimated value.
it Echo
User
Registered2013-05-23
lt edvis >> saturday june 15 - 16:38
agree
lt edvis
User
Registered2013-04-14
us Ulysses >> saturday june 15 - 18:44, Edited saturday june 15 - 19:41
I have players that were worth $0 when I pulled them that I will be able to sell for at least $100,000. The current incentive is to stock up on young players, train them, pay their salaries, and sell them when they get older (if they don't become starters for your team). I see no reason to sell young players unless I want to save roster space for better young players or to save money on their salaries in the short run.

I don't think that small clubs will sell young players, unless they don't catch on to this incentive. In addition, large clubs will prefer to search for young players from other large clubs with good youth centers, especially given the roster limits. I don't think it matter if a player with potential is stuck on a small club, as long as that club benefits; it would be worse for all of the best players to end up on a few large clubs, discouraging competition.

The better young players definitely go through multiple rounds and sell for higher prices, but even this price tends to be less than the price such players will sell for in four seasons.

With all of that said, I like the game as it is right now since I've been basing my strategy on these facts and incentives. Also, given the risk of spending too much on facilities to the point where it is impossible to make more money (as well as the obscene costs of higher level facilities), this is an important money making outlet.
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
eng Kezza >> saturday june 15 - 18:53, Edited saturday june 15 - 18:54
I agree 100% Ulysses.. the trick is to keep them, train them and make a bit of money.. or just keep them to become 1st team members.

Think having their value based on their actual star will help small clubs buy potential superstars... if all these players were valued on potential only then only the big and wealthy clubs could afford these players as Ulysses says.
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
hr Bruno >> sunday june 16 - 08:42
i agree 100 % too with you Ulysses..
these days i saw i think about 5 or 6 players that were between 18 and 19 years old and they were on transfer market..
all of them, but all of them were sold for probably 3-4 to possibly more times bigger price.. i think if you have good, not necessarily relly good star or someone special, that you can earn a pretty good amount of money.. these guys weren't that strong.. but their last owners get few millions for each of them..

and what about next transfer period? when we all get bonuses.. ;)
hr Bruno
Registered2013-03-18
au Mr Legs >> sunday june 16 - 15:44
To me the transfer market is for investing in your future. I buy & sell players for profit as well as for the future of my team. I have some players on my list that will probably never play a league match. But next trade period I will sell off a handful of them & buy in some more "investments".

I have been surprised at the quality of youth players that is on the market this trade period. Having paid the maximum possible for an 18 yr old with over 4 ball talent, at only 137,000 - if the team had kept him, in 2 seasons he would be worth 4-5 times that amount. Now this player is likely to play in my league team in a few seasons & is in fact the most talented player on my list.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
nl Corniel >> sunday june 16 - 18:38
If a team don't want to sale a player for the price he can sell it for, don't do it. And as mentioned by a some people: the good ones will be going through several rounds, just because there actual market value is as high as it is.
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18