Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Player wages (14)

eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 13:22, Edited sunday june 16 - 13:37
Looking around at wages.. for a 4*+ it seems 50-100k a year is the going wage.. I just bought a 4.4* player and he's on 180k a year!

My question is.. Why is he on that much more than other players around the 4.4* mark (and higher!)?

My player..

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-73577

Cheers,

Kezzer
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 13:35, Edited sunday june 16 - 13:36
To support my question, even the best player in the world (value 5.4*) earns 70k a year LESS!

See for yourself...

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-73587
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
cn protein >> sunday june 16 - 14:21
Hi Kezza, the wage of a player is likely to raise over 50% when he is transferred. (But it's also likely that his wage will decrease on the other hand, I've seen examples also.)

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/help/home/category-13/article-39

"A player will never get a higher salary raise 50% per year, except when he is transfered."
cn protein
User
Registered2012-12-18
eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 14:26
but surely its not realistic that a player on a similar * value or the best player in the world is on a lot less?

I dont really understand the thought process behind this?
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
cn protein >> sunday june 16 - 14:36
There was another transfer before on 26th, May. Do you remember his wage during the last bidding?

Another point to mention is that he seemed to also have been taken in the way of joining an advanced club. Look at his employment log, the former manager of Ronaldo took the player with him and went to the club "Lanwan". I'm not sure this was considered a transfer or not though.

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-73577/employment
cn protein
User
Registered2012-12-18
eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 14:42
No I dont remember.

I guess this is a slight error from me.. I should of checked his wage before I bought him.. would of probably stopped me bidding.. and maybe prevented the manager even being able to sell the player?
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
cn protein >> sunday june 16 - 14:49
Hm, I guess you have to be more careful next time Kezza... don't think you are entitled to prevent him from selling the player though.

Why would we forbid him doing that if I may ask? After all he's the manager of the player...
cn protein
User
Registered2012-12-18
eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 14:54
I wouldnt stop him selling the player Protein... I just meant that other managers would look at his wage and think twice before buying him.. for instance why pay 180k a year for 1 player when you can get 3 players of a similar value for 60k a year each (total 180k).

Would prevent managers wanting to buy the player?
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
cn protein >> sunday june 16 - 14:59
Ah yes, that's indeed a big disincentive. However frankly speaking there are always some enthusiastic/inexperienced users who may have bid on such players 'accidentally'... So my suggestion is still that look carefully and think twice before placing your bids. That's also why it costs a credit every time and there will always a pop-up dialog asking for confirmation. :)
cn protein
User
Registered2012-12-18
eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 15:11
yep.. but.. not sure its a good thing for the game thats all
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
nl Corniel >> sunday june 16 - 19:42
Don't complain: you have bought a real strong player. ;)

And just IRL players will try to increase there income a lot when the are transferred.
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 20:30
I love the game.. just dont love his wage haha
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
eng pepsy11 >> sunday june 16 - 21:48
Corniel: The problem here is that there is no logic to THAT high salary for that player and in this game we have nothing to say about salaries, so we just have to trust the system, so it is understandable that Kezza asks why this player want such an extreme salary.
I think we should either be able to negotiate contracts or we should get all the info there is about how salaries are calculated. Right now it will get extremely risky to buy strong players. Imagine you buy Kezzas player next window, suddenly you have a good player which costed you a lot to transfer and with a salary over the double of what it is now..
eng pepsy11
Registered2013-01-16
eng Kezza >> sunday june 16 - 21:52
Yep.. That's exactly my concerns and what I think
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07