Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Winning Champions League or Continental League consequences (6)

nl Corniel >> sunday june 16 - 19:35
As far as I know, winning the CL gives the right for that team to start at the group stage of the next season. Does this apply at RS too> And is this always an extra seed for that country, or only when that team did not qualify for the CL it self?

And what about the Continental League? In some cases the winning team will play CL next season, does that extra seed go to the competition of the winner? And is it a seed at the group stage, or a lower one?
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
sco Scotland1983 >> sunday june 16 - 19:58
hmm liverpool once wont the champions league in the past but did not qualify for europe by league or cup as a recall but got a spot in champions league as the defending champions its unlikely but its possible here too for a team to do that if they have bad league and cup season but incredible europe one:)
sco Scotland1983
User
Registered2013-02-09
eng MegaChampions FC
nz Tiety Kooistra >> monday june 17 - 11:39
The champions of the continental cups and champions leagues do not get a direct ticket for next seasons cup. They have to win their tickets in the national league/cup.
nz Tiety Kooistra
Registered2012-10-15
nl Corniel >> tuesday june 18 - 21:02
@Tiety: Arno showed me the official rules yesterday. Conclusion: When the winner doesn't qualify, it get a group stage seed. The other positions move a bit, but it does not give that country an extra seed.

It is not an big issue, but maybe you could implement that? (for the next season or later)
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
nz Tiety Kooistra >> wednesday june 19 - 06:40
@ corniel, we are aware that winners will get a group stage ticket in real life, we will probably implement it but at this moment it does not have a priority yet. It is rather complex to take that into account in the awarding of the tickets
nz Tiety Kooistra
Registered2012-10-15
nl Corniel >> wednesday june 19 - 06:50
@Tiety: I understand, and I agree. :)
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18