Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

About Champion league draw. (13)

In the champion league 1/4 finals draw, Is follow the rules“ Teams from the same country were drawn in the different group”? In real life Euro Champion League haven't this rule in 1/4 finals draw.
cn 电脑队: 这个球队是由电脑管理
Registered2013-03-04
hu MacikaG >> monday june 24 - 12:44
Lost Keys vs, Cambuur dutch final? :-(
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
sco Arno Wiersma >> monday june 24 - 13:06
Lost Keys vs Cambuur dutch final? :D
sco Arno Wiersma
Registered2013-02-08
hu Zsone >> monday june 24 - 13:06
i think that only in the last 16 teams from the same country cant play each other,in the quarter final they can
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
es Maragator >> monday june 24 - 13:16
2010/11 Manchester United - Chelsea
2009/10 Girondins Burdeos - Olympique Lyon
2008/09 Chelsea - Liverpool
es Maragator
Translator
Registered2013-02-08
es Real Astorga
cn 橙子 >> monday june 24 - 13:17
So what?
cn 橙子
User
Registered2013-02-08
sco Arno Wiersma >> monday june 24 - 13:27, Edited monday june 24 - 13:29
Ruud VanNistelrooy is correct; in the quarter finals there is no ban on playing against someone of your own association. Though I don't know if the present pairing system does ban that, we only know that no parings between teams of the same association were generated in this draw.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/Regulations/01/94/62/34/1946234_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Round of 16
7.09 The round of 16 pairings are determined by means of a draw. The round of 16 is played under the knockout system, on a home-and-away basis (two legs). The UEFA administration ensures that the following principles are respected.
a) Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
b) The winners and runners-up of the same group cannot be drawn against each other.
c) The group-winners cannot be drawn against each other.
d) The runners-up cannot be drawn against each other.
e) The runners-up must play the first leg at home.
7.10 The team which scores the greater aggregate of goals in the two matches qualifies for the quarter-finals. Otherwise, the stipulations of Article 8 apply.

Quarter-finals
7.11 The eight winners of the round of 16 contest the quarter-finals. The quarterfinal pairings are determined by means of a draw. The quarter-finals are played under the knockout system, on a home-and-away basis (two legs). The team which scores the greater aggregate of goals in the two matches qualifies for the semi-finals. Otherwise, the stipulations of Article 8 apply.
sco Arno Wiersma
Registered2013-02-08
The semi-finals of Asian Champions League have three chinese teams and in Europe also have three Dutch teams in semi-finals. If the 1/4 finals draw will always follow this rule, I think in future maybe the last four teams will be all form Chinese league, the same with the Netherlands. And China and other countries will be increasing the champion league points gap.
Registered2013-03-04
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday june 28 - 09:35
I thought it was only "free" from semi-finals onwards. I've changed it now though, thanks for pointing me to this.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
hu Zsone >> friday june 28 - 13:16
and one more thing i would really like...a LIVE draw!That would make things very interesting!is that possible in the furure?
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
de niklas17 >> friday june 28 - 14:23
oh yes that would be really interesting i like them too!
de niklas17
User
Registered2013-01-20
Yes, LIVE draw is very good idea like PPM Soccer.
Registered2013-03-04
hu MacikaG >> saturday june 29 - 06:19
Live draw would be great, but not 2 am. please. :-)
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵