Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

real life players (10)

eng spence >> wednesday july 3 - 21:19
i think we should have real life players because it is weird to
have fake players
eng spence
Registered2013-07-01
ca denisgrad >> wednesday july 3 - 21:29, Edited wednesday july 3 - 21:31
Im pretty sure RockingSoccer cant afford to license real soccer player names.

You can create a player and make him have any name you want.
ca denisgrad
Registered2013-04-22
nl Corniel >> wednesday july 3 - 21:30
I think we should have virtual player names, because life player names would be weird. (And there are by far not enough real players to fill all squads)
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
eng Kezza >> wednesday july 3 - 22:05
Considering a season lasts 2 months in real time.. Not logical or viable to have same names as real life... 10 years in real time is 50 years+ in rocking soccer
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
es Arnauer >> wednesday july 3 - 22:12
Most online games have virtual player names. And I think it's logical.
es Arnauer
User
Registered2013-05-26
nl Danh >> thursday july 4 - 06:34
It is unpractical to use real players names/stats like said before there are not enough.
And it takes an huge amount of work and would create a game worth $50 if u want this then go play football manager 2013 or whatever is the latest ( since i am married I dont play anymore).
The makers of FM2013 has to have a huge scouting network to analyse and add all those players in their game.
and If u are able to get all teams some real players/teamnames then in 1 yr those players are gone or atleast half of it and u got a lot of new rookies and are at the point we are now ;)

What would be fun is having rookies with famoous names. And be able to create a christiano ronaldo wich is not possible cause it can't be used in portugal while beckham can be used in every nation! the realism in name due to the create players is bit far.
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
hu MacikaG >> thursday july 4 - 07:18
We can create any name we want, so I don't understand what is the problem. And currently more than 1 David Beckham exists in the game, more than 1 Zinedine Zidane and so on.
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday july 4 - 07:26
Players need a firstname and a surname. Cristiano Ronaldo can't be made because "Ronaldo" isn't used as surname anywhere. It's not his surname either.

The player names should be unique in the entire game now, before they only needed to be unique within your league.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Danh >> thursday july 4 - 07:39
http://lastnames.myheritage.nl/last-name/Ronaldo

it is an surname ;)

But it is true it is not his surname (Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro)

I love google.

but still ronaldo is a genuine surname in many countrys so I think it should be made available in those countries.
But that is not the point of this thread.

I think using real player names should be able trough the create player on the condition a beckham can't become chinese anymore and a sneijder can't be english etc...
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
tw 小冠 >> thursday july 4 - 09:43
How about submitting 10 surnames for every country ? Only 10.
tw 小冠
Registered2013-03-29