Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Competitions

Football Prediction League Beta Season (2)

eng Gary H. >> thursday october 16 - 19:54
The Rules

Like any other prediction game, you have to predict the outcome of footy matches.

However, the twist with this game is that each player picks a football club (any team is welcome) and each manager with their team will then compete against the other players in their league with fixtures every saturday.

For example. Say Jim Hope is Arsenal and Lee Smith is Liverpool. On matchday 1 they will be facing eachother. The winner will get 3 points, a draw will mean 1 point each and a defeat means 0 points, like in the real football world. For each correct prediction the player/team gets one goal. Jim predicts 4 matches correct, whilst Lee predicts 2 matches correct. Therefore the result of this Football Prediction League fixture is Arsenal 4-2 Liverpool.

Each manager will play eachother once and therefore there will be 9 matchdays in a season for all leagues. There will also be an FP Cup, the rules for this are below.

There will be a total of six matches to predict each matchday/weekend (the matches will be from be picked either from the four major European leagues - Spain, England, Germany, Italy - or from any other available leagues that are currently playing). The matches to predict will be posted at the latest Thursday morning, whilst match results will be posted by the latest Monday every week.

All predictions are made for regulation time results (meaning the first 90 minutes plus any injury time involved). If the matches to be predicted involve extra-time and penalty shootouts, then the result before extra-time will be considered for the prediction.

If managers miss predictions, they will receive 0 goals by default for the missed matches.

However, managers can still send in predictions for the remaning matches if they miss the first deadline, as long as they make the predictions before each game starts.

If a player misses 3 matchdays in a row without any explanation he will be automatically sacked and the teams predictions will be made by yours truly. If there are people on the waiting list, then a player can be replaced after missing 2 matchdays in a row without any explanation.

If you know in advance that you will miss a matchday or more, feel free to ask me if you can send predictions in advance. It is very likely that I will accept your request.

Unmanaged teams would be assigned predictions of 0 - 0 draws for each game. If the game in question ends with 0 - 0, the unmanaged team gets a goal scored. If the game ends with a draw but with goals scored, the unmanaged team gets nothing.

Please do not ask me to give you another manager's predictions. If you wish to know their prediction, you can ask them.

Please do not ask to change predictions after you already sent them. It is very likely that I will say 'no' to that request.

How To Join The Game

All you have to do in order to join the game is post "##Join (team name)", where the team name can be the name of any currently active football team (try to pick a team that everyone heard of, exceptions may be made). Make sure the team you are picking is not already taken.

Tie-breakers for league classification

Tie-breakers for league classification will be as follows in the order that they will count for the standings:

1. Number of points
2. Goals scored (meaning total number of correct predictions made)
3. Head-to-head result
4. Goal difference
5. Random draw

The reasoning for the 'Goals scored' tie-breaker being ahead of the others is the fact that this is primarily a predicting game. Therefore it is only fair that the manager with more correct predictions should be given priority.

For now, there are 8-10 slots, with room for more if this game gets popular in the coming seasons, but for now 10 max, and consider this a Beta season, also if there is a 6 minimum, that would be just as useful... I'll start;

##Join Crystal Palace

(and if anyone else wants to Know, I will be sending all my predictions to this fellar: Andrei http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/manager-47171
he happens to run this game on another forum, where it was created by a person called Marc Dudley, yes I have permission from Andrei, and he will confirm that)
eng Gary H.
Registered2013-03-15
ro Andrei >> thursday october 16 - 19:58
Confirming that. :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30