Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Suspension after Red Card (10)

dk Toxx >> sunday july 14 - 09:13
Hey community,
In my European League Q1 game today, my big talent got a red card halfway through 2.
No big deal, that happens. But then I went to see that he is suspended for 5 (!!) matches! That seems a bit harsh. I mean with this game engine he lose out on a lot of exp., and it's not like it could have been prevented as that's just how the game is.
Now he most likely won't be able to play another international match this season, as he is out for both qualifying round 2 and 3.

So isn't a 5-game suspension a little too much? Or am I just a crybaby here? =)
dk Toxx
User
Registered2013-03-07
hu MacikaG >> sunday july 14 - 09:23
The suspension is randomly selected 1 to 5 macthes. You were unlucky. Try to train correct until your player can't play.
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
hr v >> sunday july 14 - 11:20
Suspension for regular games red card is ok - it's like this also in reality. We could argue about amount of games but this is up to game creator. What is different here and i don't like it is - suspension for red cards in friendly games?! Come on! Where did you ever saw that? I certanly didn't and it annoys me big time.
Why is this implemented? Friendly games # regular games.
I know it's easier if scripts are almost the same for different types of games but there should also be differencies.
Here are my 2 suggestions for this:
First suggestion: no suspension for friendly matches
Second suggestion: reduce number of cards for friendlies.

I hope you would take into consideration at least one of suggestions.
hr v
Registered2013-02-04
es Maragator >> sunday july 14 - 11:25
No bad luck MacikaG, always 3, 4 o 5 games. Never 1 or 2.
Last season 5 or 6 red cards and always 3 or more suspension games.
es Maragator
Translator
Registered2013-02-08
es Real Astorga
hu MacikaG >> sunday july 14 - 12:24
Thanks Maragator. I remember only 1 red card for my team, my best midfielder got it and of course 5 matches suspension. He never else time got card. :-)
And for this seasons change, I start to train my key players to "correct"
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday july 14 - 12:39
@Maragator: you can be suspended for 1 or 2 matches after a red card. You have equal chances on 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 matches.

@v: why does it matter if you get suspended for friendly matches? They don't count for anything. I believe the chance is already lower to get cards in friendlies.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
es Maragator >> sunday july 14 - 14:29
I know Vincent but always 3, 4 and 5.
es Maragator
Translator
Registered2013-02-08
es Real Astorga
hu MacikaG >> sunday july 14 - 15:06
I think this season, when cards flying like mosquitoes, if a team get 2-3 players receive 5 matches penalty at the same time, the match results depends more from suspension then team's strength.
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
hr v >> monday july 15 - 10:42
Vincent, if it's lower than i like it.

Last time i checked players still gained experience from friendlies so it's not really "nothing" they count for... I tell you why: if only one player has suspension and cannot play in a few games in a row and all other players played 6 games and you just want that player to gain experience for let's say 3 games you have to play 3 more games for only one player's experience?
Suspensions are for competition type not for friendly games. What is the point of suspension in friendlies anyway?
hr v
Registered2013-02-04
dk Toxx >> monday july 15 - 15:56
@ v
Also friendlies are (possibly) for trying some strategy new or old maybe a bit of both to compare. If your best player is sidelined in 5 matches, you'll have to wait and "waste" a lot of matches just to try 1 setup.
dk Toxx
User
Registered2013-03-07