Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Penalty Shootout (7)

nl Wouterm >> monday july 15 - 08:40
Hi Guys

Just a quick one, I got knocked out in the cup through penalty shootouts, my question is, I got 3/4 and the opponent got 4/5 and we lost, surely my team should have also gotten 5 shots at goal to either make it 3/5 or 4/5 possibly taking it to more shots?

Am I not correct or is there a bug in this?

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-324023
nl Wouterm
User
Registered2013-06-04
nl Danh >> monday july 15 - 10:19
It seems to me they start with 2 penaltys in a row therefor noon won since u both missed the same amount like u said.
I think either a penalty isn't shown from ur team or it is a bug the the after 5 penaltys from one team the one who scored most wins even if the other has 1 less. I think it is the second one I just saw the match showed 3/4 and 4/5.

Also weird is the corner taken after the extra time.

"121. Ngubane (6) quickly takes the corner, Buffington (9) wins the fight for the ball.
The match is still balanced after extra time. The teams have to prepare for a penalty shootout!"
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
nl Vincent de Boer >> monday july 15 - 10:27
Yes, this looks like a bug. I'm sorry for that, we'll look into what could have caused this but we can't fix the fact that you were eliminated.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Danh >> monday july 15 - 10:34
Too bad it can't be fixed.
He now misses potential money because of a bug hopefully he van be compensated in an other way because noone had won yet! And technically he was never eliminated.
Also fire the referee :P
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
nl Vincent de Boer >> monday july 15 - 10:48
We don't have time to correct all the effects of all bugs, if we'd do that we would spend most of our time on this.

In this case it would be very hard to fix this since he had more than 50% chance to be eliminated anyway, we can't just decide he won, nor can we compensate him in any objective way.

It's more fair never to fix this kind of situation since the bug could have randomly occurred to the opponent as well. It's not much different than being eliminated in a non-bugged penalty shoot-out.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Danh >> monday july 15 - 11:19
Ok :D
I understand.
Hopefully it get fixed soon because this will give a bad feeling.
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
nl Wouterm >> monday july 15 - 16:30
thanks for the clarity - clearly it was meant to be then...
oh well, bit gutted it happened on a bug, but oh well...

good luck to the rest of the players that have progressed
nl Wouterm
User
Registered2013-06-04