Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Advanced Options (15)

au Mr Legs >> thursday july 18 - 08:27
Anyone got a good handle on the advanced options?

I'm still playing around with the settings a bit to try & see what works & what the effects are. But since you can't see what your settings were for a past match, I need to start recording what I have done to see what the impacts were.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
at schorny >> thursday july 18 - 08:52
It's hard to figure it out exactly, because of youth bonus and home advantage and then the latest match engine changes and you don't know what your opponent's tactic was.

So, yeah, it's currently tough. For example I'm trying to figure out if pressing causes more yellow cards or not. But I am still not sure... Maybe by the end of the season we will be much more wiser :)
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
hu MacikaG >> thursday july 18 - 09:48
I think pressure cause more cards, but we can't see back our tactics settings...
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
au Mr Legs >> thursday july 18 - 15:06
Yeah, just been playing with it using the analysis. Pressing tackles does seem to lift the tackle count and the yellow card count, when comparing it to easy.

Not seeing as much difference in the high/low risk shooting though, biggest difference seems to be in the direct shots, this does seem to go up in high risk. But not seeing a lot of difference in the number of shots taken, or in the conversion rates - overall it seems high risk scores more goals, but very little in it.

But this is just analysing one match & I have all kids playing in this one, so really need a lot more checking to really get a better idea.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
at schorny >> thursday july 18 - 18:38
@MacikaG:
More tackles mean more fouls. But is the chance of 1 tackle being a foul higher if I play pressing?
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
au Mr Legs >> friday july 19 - 02:02
I would think so. I just played a match using pressing & 2 of my players got 2 yellow cards each and were sent off. Might think twice before using pressing again!
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
nz Tiety Kooistra >> friday july 19 - 06:43, Edited friday july 19 - 07:17
@ schormy
The chance for getting a card in a specific situation is higher/lower when switch to pressing or easy. Also the ammount of tackels ea risks your players are willing to take are going up/down and therefor effect the ammound of cards as well.
nz Tiety Kooistra
Registered2012-10-15
fr jonkrebs >> friday july 19 - 08:49
I was using the low options for shoots and it seems to be a very bad idea... I have not the best forwards but not bad either (over 3 stars) and they were not shooting at all. Most of the time, the best forward passes to the midfielder instead of shooting.

From now on, will change it to high option and see if that change anything. Because during the first 3 matches, 0 goals scored for my team.
fr jonkrebs
User
Registered2013-04-10
au Mr Legs >> friday july 19 - 14:51
Interesting results with the analysis for my next match. It seems that my scouts think low risk shooting will have better results - will go with that & see what happens.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
vu Amun-Ra >> saturday july 20 - 02:31
I use pressing if I play with a lot of defending players (5-3-2 formation or 4-5-1 / 4-4-2)
When playing with 3 defenders I use normal.

I never use easy. Dont know why, it just seems not a good idea to me
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
cn 桑特拉奇 >> saturday july 20 - 12:14, Edited saturday july 20 - 12:15
after 3 losses, I realized the advanced setting is just some useless buttons there won't affect anything to the game. Doesn't matter what line-up you use, how you think about play the game, when it starts, it is just 20 people running after a ball.

Apparently the developer of this game doesn't know anything about soccer.
cn 桑特拉奇
User
Registered2013-04-20
cn 船长 >> saturday july 20 - 12:44
useless, players' value rules everything
cn 船长
User
Registered2013-03-30
no Lied >> sunday july 21 - 12:05
One things for sure, I can't get short passes to work. Long passes always seem to be more effective, and low risk shooting results in less goals and less deflections (which also means less corner kicks). High pressure with 2 DCB puts you in great risk of getting a penalty against you, and if you focus your play on one side of the field that's the only direction they will pass.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
au Mr Legs >> sunday july 21 - 14:07
I'm still using the analysis to tell me whats best in each match. Some seem to go better with high risk shooting & some with low. Match today, said I had no chance unless I went with high pressure tackles - so I did. Result was one of my best players red-carded in first 10min, so was a man down in an away game, but still got away with a draw.

Interesting what you say about short passing, I have been using this a fair bit. Might see how it goes with long passing.

I have used the flanks a bit against teams that have strong center lines, but weaker wingers - seems to have worked ok, but don't really know if it is any better than just having using a balanced attack.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
tr Tolga >> sunday july 21 - 18:31
lol i tried out high risk&long pass and the result is 2 red card and poor playmaking.Plus i watched whole match but there werent even one long pass its unbeleivable.'Normal' rulez
tr Tolga
Registered2013-04-11