Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

SUGGESTION: Open Loans (5)

eng Grumpy >> thursday july 18 - 22:04
Hi all,

I am playing with a team from step 5 in English leagues here. This level of football in England is known as the Ryman Division and it is a semi-professional league. So, as you can imagine, players come and go quite often and loans are a big part of these clubs and the way they make it through the financial difficulties and the strains that injuries and suspensions can place on teams.

I am suggesting that for all leagues below a certain level in some countries, they should be able to make loans all season around. This is how it is in real life, and a system like this would, in my belief, make the game more competitive and offer something both to the lower teams in getting better players on board, and also to the higher level teams who can get their players more experienced at the same time.

Please leave your thoughts.
eng Grumpy
Registered2013-06-16
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday july 19 - 07:23
All leagues here are professional. The leagues don't resemble the real-life leagues. The number of leagues in a country only depends on the number of players choosing to play in this country.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng Grumpy >> friday july 19 - 09:42
Ah, I see. Well, step 5 in England is semi-pro and I assumed this was known. That's a shame.
eng Grumpy
Registered2013-06-16
ua Garfman >> friday july 19 - 12:33
Judging by your answer, you don't see. This is NOT real-life, it is a game in which every team is considered professional. Whether or not step 5 in England is semi-pro is therefore irrelevant.

While I think it's a nice idea, I don't think it's a viable one, because it would give people a possibility to cheat. As you might know a player can receive experience for 20 matches on one team. So this would make it easy for someone to first let a player play 20 matches, and then loan him out so he can play another 20, giving him an extra bonus of 10.000 experience points. And since it would be easier for teams with better players to loan out their players, it would give those teams an even bigger edge. So in theory it's a nice idea, but unfortunately not one that would work in this game.
ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
no MortenE >> friday july 19 - 14:25
Agree with Garfman. A good question will be how we can give newcomers a not-too-long way up to the big divisions. Because in a season or three, the barrier between veteran players and newcomers will be very big.
no MortenE
Registered2013-06-01