Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

SUGGESTION: Change Player Names (12)

eng Grumpy >> thursday july 18 - 22:07
Hi,

Just another quick suggestion from me. I've changed my team name and location to a club that plays locally to me, I also would like to take the opportunity to rename my players so they resemble a squad that is playing for that team at the moment. I know this wouldn't be too difficult and I'm also sure that a small charge, maybe 1-2 credits, could be applied for using this feature.

Is there a chance something like this could be added please, Vincent?
eng Grumpy
Registered2013-06-16
hk Philip Kho >> friday july 19 - 04:42
it could work for VIP function.
hk Philip Kho
User
Registered2013-03-25
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday july 19 - 07:21
I don't like the idea of people being able to change player's names. That would mean that if I sell a player, his new club can change his name...

Also, this may cause problems with licensing. We don't use the real clubs and players since you have to pay to be able to do that. If we let people rename their entire squad to resemble for example Real Madrid or Barcelona there may be issues.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng Grumpy >> friday july 19 - 09:41
You yourself are not using those names. The ability to change appearance/likeness is not available so I don't see any licensing issues. And yes, it would mean players names can be changed... Maybe it costs a credit per player name change, but I think it's a good feature.
eng Grumpy
Registered2013-06-16
hu Zsone >> friday july 19 - 09:48
I think the names should stand as they are. That way too many of the same named players would appear.Now we also got this problem,which to tell you the truths bothers me,too many Andrea Pirlo,Roberto Baggio,Iniesta,Beckham and company. You should apply the rule vincent that if a name is taken,you cant create another player with the same name,even if he has another nationality.
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
hr EroSt >> friday july 19 - 09:52
Agreed with Zsone, there is too much famous names and it's stupid to see two teams playing against each other and to see Roberto Baggio in both team (no matter how good they are).
hr EroSt
Registered2013-02-07
nl Abe Bodaan >> friday july 19 - 09:54
That sounds like a good idea Zsone. I also dislike the 20 David Beckhams, Roberto Baggios and so on.
nl Abe Bodaan
User
Registered2013-05-27
cw Meteora
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday july 19 - 09:58
@Zsone: I already changed this, but the players who already had these names remained.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
hk Philip Kho >> friday july 19 - 10:24
How about nickname for each player?
hk Philip Kho
User
Registered2013-03-25
ph Joshua >> friday july 19 - 11:52
@Philip Kho:yes nickname's would be better,
what do you think guys?
ph Joshua
Registered2013-05-21
hu Zsone >> friday july 19 - 11:56
ok than,thats very good.well for the nicknames,i could imagine nicknames for the clubs,just like we have in real life,the red devils,tha saints,bianconeri and so on.And this nicknames could be written in the message when a players goes to another club.
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
be okapi >> friday july 19 - 12:51
@ Grumpy: you can create players and give them a name you want. It will take some time to reform your entire squad with names from friends or guys from the neighborhood but it's possible, because creating a player will cost you 150 credits but after 1 season without VIP you'll have 1.
With VIP it will go faster.

It should also be strange that I rename a bought player because I don't like his name (Vincent de Boer has brought that point already).
When we start with that we can also start with changing the features if you don't like them (more power instead of speed).

I'm not a pro.
be okapi
User
Registered2013-02-08
be My sharona