Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Reduced Goals per game (14)

fo BakerMan >> saturday july 20 - 15:56
Anyone else think this change might have gone just a bit too far? In my league average goals per game is under 1.5 - one team has played 4 games and not scored or conceded a goal!

Maybe it's just a case of getting used to the change and being a bit more attacking?
fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
eng Grumpy >> saturday july 20 - 15:58
Eh, the reduced goals certainly does seem to be making matches a bit more boring. Can't remember the last time I witnessed a match involving more than 3 goals here. :(
eng Grumpy
Registered2013-06-16
be Tommy >> saturday july 20 - 16:52
Same feeling for me, matches do become boring whith less goals to watch.
be Tommy
User
Registered2013-05-21
gr Paris >> saturday july 20 - 16:57
My last 6 results have 5 over 2,5 with one of them 6-0.
gr Paris
Registered2013-05-28
nir Chrescerya >> saturday july 20 - 18:24
I think it's ok this seasons 3 games:

3-1
7-3
0-0
14 goals on 3 games, that's almost 5/game avg :)

and I think first game got low score due to red card from my team 15min into the game, the 7-3 away team did 2 own goals also (first 2 of entire league, last season I was also team forcing most own goals at start of season)...

But at the moment not seeing much difference, I'm scoring more in fact now
nir Chrescerya
User
Registered2013-05-20
fo BakerMan >> saturday july 20 - 19:13
Maybe my league is unusual - 51 goals in 35 games when I counted.

I'll see how the season progresses...
fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
fo BakerMan >> saturday july 20 - 19:28
Actually, looking at the leagues for you guys, your stats are unusual. 35 goals in 16 games (av 2.1875 per game) in Greece, 37 goals in 15 games in Northern Ireland (av 2.47) - if you take out the freak 7-3 game, its 27 goals in 14 games, less than 2 per game.

For Hythe Town's League its 56 goals in 35 games - 1.6 goals per game.

To give you a real world (and of course therefore completely invalid!) comparison, English Premier League averaged 2.81, Bundesliga 2.86, Serie A 2.56, Spanish Primera 2.76 in 2011/12.

Maybe we've just all started the season too cautiously...you can't win the league in the first few games, but you can lose it!
fo BakerMan
User
Registered2013-04-05
eng Jaypridee Town
hu Patrik >> saturday july 20 - 22:37, Edited saturday july 20 - 22:46
The problem started when those huge teams played against each other in the international championships, and there were too much goals. The results like 3-4, 6-3, 5-4 looked kind of ridiculous. So it seemed to be a nice idea to reduce the number of goals to make it more realistic...
BUT! The smaller teams were just fine before these changes, The results of the matches in the 2nd or 3rd levels were nothing extraordinary. Now that the number of goals are reduced they have results like 0-0, 1-0, 1-1... the best they can get is like 2-1... It's wrong! Hopefully Vinnie realise it, and can think of a good way to turn things around. Because you know when your players can barely score goals, it might be kind of boring. And when somebody register and get a weak team they obviously want to have fun, and this way, they will be bored, and stop playing. When I registered, even tough I had a horrible team, I still scored several goals, so I could survive this period.
I dont really understand the reason behind this events, because when two amazing team plays against each other with amazing players, amazing strikers, people would think at first that they should score several goals, so its fine. BUT what about their amazing defenders and keepers? They should keep the number of goals at a normal level. When a 5-stared defender and a 5-stared striker faces, the result should be similar to when two 2-stared player faces. So why can't things work just like this when two smaller team faces?
Please Vinnie, do something about it!
hu Patrik
Registered2013-03-31
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday july 21 - 06:10
I will look into this
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ua ... >> sunday july 21 - 07:01
@ Patrik: Here here, very well explained!

I completely agree with you. The number of goals should not only be based on the quality of the strikers, but also and maybe even more so on the balance with the quality of the defense.

However, the game developers must be careful: it should remain possible for a small or even bot team to beat a top class team, though it shouldn't happen too often either.

Occasional surprises are good and fun, but when they become the rule instead of the exception, the fun is gone.

I also like to see a bit more goals in the main squad games, though in the youth I regularly see 3 or 4 goals of my team. But it shouldn't be basketball either...
ua ...
Registered2013-05-01
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday july 21 - 07:14
I think you're right that in the weak leagues there are a little too few goals now.

I made a small adaptation to make goals in the lower range (weak attackers vs weak defenders/keepers) a bit more likely.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ua ... >> sunday july 21 - 09:34
I have the impression that bot teams score goals a lot easier than regular teams, certainly in the top levels.

Take these 2 games for instance:
http://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/info/match-507322
http://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/info/match-407555

The stronger teams clearly had many more chances, but got beaten anyway by the bot teams, that were a lot weaker than they were.

In my own league, we also have many difficulties to score, though we are also a lot stronger than most, if not all, opponents, amongst which unfortunately many bot teams. And once the opponent scores, it's virtually all over...
ua ...
Registered2013-05-01
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday july 21 - 10:05
Bot teams don't have an advantage over other teams.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ua BeerMan >> sunday july 21 - 20:00
Ah, I don't like this reducing :) I thought it should infulence when teams are equal, but not in this match :) 27 shoots, 1 goal :)

I'm not crying, the link is just for fun :)
http://rockingsoccer.com/ru/soccer/info/match-394469
That keeper is so awesome :)
ua BeerMan
User
Registered2013-03-28