Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

I created a striker and got this guy, how do I utilize him? (8)

no Lied >> tuesday july 30 - 13:50
Link: http://rockingsoccer.com/no/fotball/info/player-307223

His attributes are a little unusual, his passing is so high that the game considers him a midfielder. I don't want to make him your standard striker with only scoring and tactics. Should I train his passing more, dueling, use him as a CF or Rw/Lw?
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
at schorny >> tuesday july 30 - 14:26
Try using him as SS or retrain him as Forward (which gives you some of his high passing back and you can invest that in Scoring).

Though I find it interesting to have a forward with high passing. Maybe reduce shooting to low risk - so that forwards pass to each other more and see if this results in a strong offense.

Currently the game is not well enough understood to say for sure - but I think it would be very interesting to test these things. Of course it would cost you lots of matches to figure this all out then maybe the result is that high passing in a forward is awful :p
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
nl Koen >> tuesday july 30 - 14:32
Wow, what a strange creation! But fun, because you can indeed use him differently then others. My first hunch would be to make him a midfielder, since his power is higher then his speed. But how about the second-stiker position? From there he will be able to both give assists, and score.
nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
no Lied >> tuesday july 30 - 16:04
I was also thinking that second striker would be his best position.

@schorny
Have you tested if low risk shooting makes striker pass the ball more, or do they just become hesitant and loose the ball? I'll give it a go and find out, the match engine doesn't make any sense to me currently so might as well experiment a little = )
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
at schorny >> tuesday july 30 - 16:09
Yes I tested low risk shooting but discarded it because I saw forwards passing to forwards - which is a no-go for me, since my forwards have way to low passing. So I never explored it further :(
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
in viktor >> tuesday july 30 - 22:36, Edited tuesday july 30 - 22:36
Imho he would make a very good winger/ss but I don't think I'd completely replace scoring training with passing training unless I want him playing AM occasionally.

@ low risk
I concur, to me it seemed like low risk shooting was more of a defensive ploy(maybe because of the added defense to prevent 10-8 results) to increase your possession.
in viktor
User
Registered2013-05-22
in Air FC
au Mr Legs >> wednesday july 31 - 01:23
He might go alright as an AM. My AMs shoot far more than I want them too, so balanced scoring/passing skill might go ok there.

@low risk
I play low risk most matches. According to the analysis, I average about 2 shots less a game, but increase my goal scoring by about a goal a game. I usually get about 24 shots against weak teams, 15 or more against good teams, so giving away a couple of shots for an increased chance of scoring seems to pay off.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
vu Amun-Ra >> wednesday july 31 - 17:06
I intenionally made a player with this profile. I use him as a fl/fr. Especially when I field a striker with low passing. You should train his dribbling skill though, hell get tackled a lot if you dont.
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09