Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Less new players after expansive youth center upgrade (14)

nl Lenny John >> friday april 5 - 15:41, Edited friday april 5 - 15:59
My Youth Center delivers 7 new players per season. When I get myself an upgrade (for almost 500 kE) The new center will deliver 6.5 new players. Why would I want that?
nl Lenny John
User
Registered2013-03-11
nl Toe Jam Football
ro SpokenReasons >> friday april 5 - 16:06
You can get lets say 20 worthless players per season, why would you want that?

Thats why the better the academy is the less players you get. Its obvious you won`t get rich in a season. Thats why its a manager game so you don`t get bored after a season. You need to train, create, upgrade so your team, players, budget will grow.. slowly but it will grow.
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
nl Lenny John >> friday april 5 - 16:17
@SpokenReasons; I understand that. But... the difference in min and max talent is not that high, so you're not sure you'll get better players. Then 500kE is a lot I think. And why lower the number of new player by 0.5? Sorry, still don't get that.

Love your team name btw ;-)
nl Lenny John
User
Registered2013-03-11
nl Toe Jam Football
ro SpokenReasons >> friday april 5 - 17:01, Edited friday april 5 - 17:02
Thank you. i love it too. well lets just compare this with the real life. lets say barcelona buys a player, what insurance will they get that the player will be/become a top player? like i said earlier, the game requires patience so that means that your academy may or may not generate a great talent. there is also 1/ 25 chances that your academy generates a super talent. lets hope i will get that hehe
ro SpokenReasons
User
Registered2013-03-11
hu MacikaG >> friday april 5 - 17:35
Buitenwater: I totally agree with SpokenReasons. You get less player, but they will be stronger. And next time You upgrade your Youth Center, the no. of new players/season decreased by another 0,5 and costs approx. 1 million Eur and the upgrade time lasts a full realtime week. :-)
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday april 5 - 17:54
It's not only the talent, it's also the other fixed skills that will be better. You aren't sure of course that your level 5 youth player will be better than the player of someone with a level 4 youth center, but on average they will be.

These better players will be more rare and will cost you a lot but that also makes them valuable. It's up to the manager to decide whether you want this though.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
sco Scotland1983 >> friday april 5 - 18:09
i agree with improving and hopefully will have a level 10 one one day so i can have a strong future all the time for my team i want quality over quantity anyway it makes more sense:)
sco Scotland1983
User
Registered2013-02-09
eng MegaChampions FC
si Makaveli >> saturday april 6 - 13:08
And on the other hand, for example, if you have academy on level 8 or even 10 you shouldn't produce 12 players a season, instead of that maybe just 2 or 3. Not every player can be the best. So it's completly logical. The higher the level of academy, the lower is the number of players per season.
si Makaveli
Registered2013-03-07
nl Lenny John >> saturday april 6 - 15:38, Edited saturday april 6 - 21:29
mmm. I'm feeling alone here... OK, the amount of delivered players that are top level for the level of your youth center should go down. But youth centers in real life also deliver players that do not get to the level needed for the first team. They normally are being sold to smaller clubs. That would be more realistic in my view.
And I don't like the idea of just getting 2 new players from this very very expensive youth center who can be average if you have bad luck. (I mean, you don't want to be PSV Eindhoven? ;-))
nl Lenny John
User
Registered2013-03-11
nl Toe Jam Football
pl Ace >> saturday april 6 - 20:59
But you cant have only very good players at the youth center. The randomness is important. Not every year a new Leo Messi is born.
The amount of youth players is what is offered/proposed by the game developers and I think we should accept it.
pl Ace
User
Registered2013-02-09
nl Lenny John >> saturday april 6 - 21:44
That's what I'm saying; you shouldn't get only good players, but for me it's weird that you get less players in total with better Youth Centers. Of course I accept the proposals of the developers. They are way smarter than I am. I started this discussion to understand, but I still don't.
nl Lenny John
User
Registered2013-03-11
nl Toe Jam Football
nl PokéFlute >> sunday april 7 - 08:50
I partly agree with you Buitenwater. Every year there are a lot of youth players who get send away by big clubs. Even Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, AC Milan and all the other big clubs with excellent yout academies dont always get the best players. But I think it is good the way it is now because if you get a minimum of 10 players a season there will be a lot bad players who you arent going to use. even selling is impossible at the moment because alot of teams have the same level of players.

I think it is good this way but i dont get the 6,5 players a season on level 5. Is this an average what means you can get for example one season 8 and the other 5?
nl PokéFlute
Registered2013-02-07
nl Vincent de Boer >> sunday april 7 - 08:53
In the youth center, you only get to see the players that reach the "quality standards" defined by the level of the youth center and your settings. There are more players in your academy, but you never see them.

If you set higher standards for your youth players it takes more time to find players that have enough talent and that match your criteria so you can "deliver" less of them each year.

Maybe it could make sense to tell your youth center to expand rather than specialize so that a good youth center would simply create more players rather than better players but I think that would just add an extra opportunity to make a mistake, not really add any new strategies.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Lenny John >> sunday april 7 - 10:45
OK. Thanks for all the respons!
nl Lenny John
User
Registered2013-03-11
nl Toe Jam Football