Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Why do we have to sell match tickets? (14)

no Lied >> friday august 30 - 09:13
Does anyone else here feel like selling match tickets is nothing but a hassle and makes the game less enjoyable? Having to write a short text before every irrelevant match is just annoying and doesn't contribute to my experience in Rocking Soccer, but I have to do it if I want to keep up with other teams.
Nobody reads what other people write on the ticket threads, I have a friends that just write song lyrics, I just wrote beacon and eggs for a while+ other friends who just write various crap to post their ticket link.

Thoughts?
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
at StormZ >> friday august 30 - 09:26
I agree with this,i don't see the point of selling match tickets with various of nonsense words and stuff.It can be improved with so manyyy diffrent ways
at StormZ
User
Registered2013-03-07
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday august 30 - 09:44
Match tickets are a way people who want to do some effort can get an edge on those that don't.

It also encourages social interaction/forum activity by giving an incentive to talk about your team.

The first effect is necessary, the second can be argued about I'm sure.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
no Lied >> friday august 30 - 09:52
I understand the initial function of selling match tickets. I am personally willing to put a lot of extra effort into the game, but not if I feel demotivated while doing it. I believe there must be other ways to promote activity.

IMO it would be much better if we could only sell tickets for a few matches per season. This could represent what some clubs do in real life, selling tickets at discount prices and call it a "fans day" in hopes of making more people come to matches. Now I have to sell match tickets every other day or so and make up a story that nobody reads, which imo is not social.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
at StormZ >> friday august 30 - 10:54
I agree with Lied,it is kinda annoying to sell tickets every day and posting too long text about it..There must be other way,its not that im lazy i can do that,but i just can't see the point
at StormZ
User
Registered2013-03-07
vu Amun-Ra >> friday august 30 - 11:01, Edited friday august 30 - 11:02
I have a much better way to sell tickets than writing about the beautiful women in the crowd to sell more tickets ;)

It takes a bit more time, but it makes my popularity increasing faster

pm me if you want to know how ;)
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
pt Sir Alex >> friday august 30 - 12:13
go to the league table that you want > results > and in the three dots (...)
u can access the links from several games.
http://rockingsoccer.com/pt/futebol/league-pt.4/level-1/group-1/results

so you can sell your ticket (before the game).
http://rockingsoccer.com/pt/futebol/info/match-377653

is not easy but it is effective for now ....
pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
vu Amun-Ra >> friday august 30 - 12:59
Sssssht, not everyone should know this ;)

That's the same way as I do it. Since it's in the open now, I'll add this: Just vary the leagues, and you'll get first time buyers most of the time and you'll increase your popularity faster
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
at schorny >> friday august 30 - 13:04
The time investment is very minimal. Its not even 5 minutes per home match. And you don't even have to write something if you don't want to do that.

You can just click on the last 10 or so posts in the ticket selling thread and just buy their tickets and paste your ticket link - so if you don't feel like writing stuff, that's fine. You just have to click more instead. But daily less than 5 min investment is OK I think. You can also click through the next matches in a league and get your Tickets sold that way. See Sir Alex's post.

Sure it is not really fun - I personally enjoy writing a few sentences about my next home match - I make up stories and stuff and have my fun that way - but if you don't want that, it's boring work.

On the other hand: how to give benefits to active players? There needs to be some form of grind - because otherwise activeness of players can't be measured. And this form of grind is pretty OK.
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
cw HyperInActief >> friday august 30 - 14:44
In response to the initial question.

Nobody is forcing you to sell tickets...

It generates a benefit, but if you don't want to put in the effort, don't.
Just check the rules, it doesn't say you aren't allowed to play if you don't want to sell tickets.
cw HyperInActief
User
Registered2013-06-16
no Lied >> friday august 30 - 14:57
I know that you can get your tickets sold in other ways, but that also falls under the category of a no brainer grind. Just the fact that people do this instead of doing it the way it was intended, means that a lot of people are bored with selling tickets.

Active users are rewarded by default because we use more time to set up matches, read forums and learn from other people. Casual users don't use the same amount of time to pick the right formation, players or check what strategies that are currently trending. At least that's how it should work.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
no Lied >> friday august 30 - 14:58
@ronintje

Is your real name Sherlock Holmes?
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
pw Su >> friday august 30 - 15:42
It's true. I never read any match description. Just click on link and paste my link. It's all.
pw Su
Registered2013-04-23
pt Sir Alex >> friday august 30 - 17:50
I have not told everyone pepe XD
pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04