Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Manchester tragedy (12)

ro Andrei >> tuesday may 23 - 13:30
There's just no words fit to describe what happened last night in Manchester.

Bravo to the locals that jumped in to help out the victims.

#StayStrongManchester
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
lv Ar4ers >> tuesday may 23 - 14:08
In Iraq, especialy Baghdad, terrorists attacks every week, no one cares that, I dont see #prayforBaghdad or smt like that ir social media

Its funny, of course you can delete my post, but I will not change my opinion.
lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
ro Andrei >> tuesday may 23 - 16:07, Edited tuesday may 23 - 16:16
Unfortunately, that's a regular occurance in Baghdad. Not in Manchester, Bruxelles, Paris, Berlin or other locations in Europe and elsewhere attacked by terrorists. It just is more shocking in these locations, I guess.

But every loss of life is tragic. Today, it just happens to be Manchester.

I am not going to delete your post. And I won't delete mine either. Because, at this point, I am supporting the Manchester victims. Even only through a post in a forum that they might've not even heard of.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ca Sadrudin >> sunday june 4 - 20:24
One Love Manchester
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca sockem >> monday june 5 - 06:15
Mr. "Theo Galavan", what exactly is your "opinion" ?

Is it that if it happens every week in Baghdad then you don't care for it happening in Manchester or any place else?

Isn't that how the terrorists are thinking, in a vengeful manner?
ca sockem
Registered2016-10-18
us Peter >> monday june 5 - 17:51
He never said he didn't care for what happened in Manchester, it is just as much of a tragedy as any other terrorist attack.
us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
ca Sadrudin >> monday june 5 - 21:04
I think his point is that we make a bigger deal of terrorist attacks, and lives lost in first world countries, than in third world countries, and poorer countries in the world. For example, approximately 1 000 000 million people have been killed from the Rwandan Genocide; and yet media covered and paid more attention to more attacks where hundreds of people were killed. I think Theo Galavan is feels terrible about this tragedy; it's just that he's frustrated with how society works: With how we think that people living in third world countries are somehow inferior to us, and if someone is killed there, they're worth a dime compared to someone living in a first world country.

So Theo Galavan is sad about the Manchester tragedy; though he's making a point.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
hu MaboSzate >> monday june 5 - 21:34
This is a football forum guys, isn't it?
hu MaboSzate
User
Registered2014-06-16
ca Sadrudin >> tuesday june 6 - 00:53
Good point Andreas, let's (collectively) stop rambling on.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
eng Dragontao >> tuesday june 6 - 07:49
Terrorism, wherever it is, is carried out by despicable cowards.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday june 6 - 19:35
Well said
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Sadrudin >> tuesday june 6 - 21:01
By the way, when I said let's stop rambling on, I meant that we should stop arguing with each other about which country has more terrorism, and respect those who have lost their lives in this terrible tragedy. Sorry if anyone took offense to that, because I didn't communicate my point that well.
ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18