Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Playoff Matches (8)

il Numpty >> saturday december 1 - 08:01, Edited saturday december 1 - 08:02

The Help says that "playoff matches don't give any stadium income or popularity. You also can't sell tickets to playoff matches."

So I have 2 questions.

1. Do playoffs give player experience for players where the 20 matches have not yet been used up?

2. What about popular players. Do these give or lose popularity in the playoff matches? 

Thanks for any help.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> saturday december 1 - 16:15

1. Yes they give experience to such players.

2. As it's said that should not affect popularity. 

That rule is to not make playoffs more attractive than league win or staying clear of relegation playoffs and avoid deliberate losing in the name of playoffs.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
il Numpty >> saturday december 1 - 20:25

Thanks onuelver.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> sunday december 2 - 09:56

You can check whether the popular player(s) affected your popularity in the fanshop daily report after the first leg. I would expect that it works as onuelver sets out.

A good rule is to only have popular players that are good enough to play in your first XI. That way, you never have to sacrifice popularity for results.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> sunday december 2 - 10:08, Edited sunday december 2 - 10:09

Thanks Stephen, however this is my first season and it takes time to gradually restructure the team.

Currently all my spare funds goes on construction so there's nothing much available to buy players with. I did pick up a couple of very cheap popular players who take up 2 of the "weak" player spots. So it's a constant juggling act trying to trade off results with gaining popularity and forced player selection... cool

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> sunday december 2 - 12:27

Then my advice would be to sell them as soon as you can. If you can loan in a popular player or find one that is worthy of a starting place, you’ll be in a lot better position.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> sunday december 2 - 12:54, Edited sunday december 2 - 12:59

The fans actually come to see how bad some of my players are. 

They are real clowns and very entertaining but don't yet know where the goal is or even what a football actually looks like... tongue-out 

One is appearing on X factor next week and the other has an invite to the next version of Strictly.

However, they have been a great asset in getting the fans in and at my level the most important thing seems to be taking advantage of the Starter's Bonus ... building the stadium and constructing the facilities seems to be the way to go, and the quickest way to get a strong team in the long run.

This transfer window I'm hoping to tempt Harry Redknapp into a comeback ...  he should be pretty popular after he's finished in the jungle. cool

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
cn Ksrma >> monday december 3 - 08:13

Help is not correct about the popularity. Each playoff match will add a fixed small number of popularity regardless of the result.

And popular attribute also takes effect in playoffs. 

cn Ksrma
User
Registered2015-12-22
cn ZZ锦浪