Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

River Plate, the ridiculous of the century (4)

ve Jerpamo >> tuesday december 18 - 19:51

Well, needless to say, the title says it all, the River falls in the semifinals of the mundialito for a team that I'm sure you (or me) know.

Gallardo said he wanted to win the final and he repeated it and such. Marcelo was talking about a final without having played the semifinal? !!! More ridiculous still.

What did you go to Abu Dhabi? Perhaps the problem was that you could not fall to stones to AL AIN?

I'm sure Boca would have reached the final.

Who gives more shame, River or Mouth?

Did you know AL AIN before December 2018?

Download your quarrel here, be it Boca or River or neither!

ve Jerpamo
User
Registered2016-07-13
es Real Madrid CF
eng holt >> wednesday december 19 - 09:55, Edited thursday december 20 - 13:24

Yeesh,no disrespect but the only time I come across these teams is when randomising teams in FIFA,or in FM.

It's a joke ,people.Cool down.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday december 19 - 14:29

There is a whole world outside of England Holt, when you get off your playstation. No disrespect but football is pretty huge in South America and these are two of the biggest teams in Argentina.

In fact, it's one of the most famous derbies in the world. It has an atmosphere that would put the Merseyside derby to shame.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng holt >> thursday december 20 - 13:24

Jeez,that was meant to be a joke.I was just trying to highlight the typical "English Football Follower " stereotypes.Guess that now I hv to post a follow-up to every post.

River Plate is particularly a huge team.You got Quintero,Enzo Perez,speedy Casco and Pratto,who I believe isnt in such good form this season.They arent doing too well this season though.

PS It was amusing watching Real Madrid knock over Antlers,after requiring two errors to go through.

I feel that South Americian football has gotten slightly isolated.The only "well established " player that I have seen move to Europe was Calleri on loan to West Ham two seasons ago.Since then it has relatively dried up.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18