Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

People who dont accept/reject offers on purpose (13)

pt Marco Carvalho >> tuesday february 5 - 10:41

Just want to say that the people who do that on purpose shouldnt play any online game. Just go play other single player games and dont mess with the other peoples games, if u didnt get the money u want, just reject the offer. I see u online 1,2,3,4, 5 times and then at the last 5 minutes of the time to Accept/Reject the offer, u just reject and tell me "I did not notice"... People like you dont deserve to play this game. Just my personal opinion, nothing else. 

pt Marco Carvalho
Community admin
Registered2013-05-07
pt Sporting Clube Portugal
nl Danh >> tuesday february 5 - 10:45

well it is an harsh opinion.

I think it is their choice to think about it and dont need to accept or reject right away.

And to get rejected always sucks but u have to deal with it and bid higher if you really wanted the player.

and yes it is more social to respond right away but to say they shouldnt play is too harsh.

nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
pt Marco Carvalho >> tuesday february 5 - 11:17

Cmon man u are selling a player for a price that it will never be sold. I still give him a fair bid, and then he is always online several times and rejects 5 minutes before the ending time? I know what this is called, but I cant say it here. 

If u dont want to sell the player, just reject the bid if u think its not enough for u. People do this because they know the money is stuck on a transfer that will never happen and then we cant bid on other players that were still available. 

pt Marco Carvalho
Community admin
Registered2013-05-07
nl Danh >> tuesday february 5 - 11:24

I know it is not a social thing to do the waiting to reject. But for someone to want more for a player is there right. 

He could have done it sooner but he could also think about it.

Nonetheless I think saying he doesnt deserve to play this game is a bit harsh. a

nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
il Numpty >> tuesday february 5 - 11:28

I agree that it's annoying if it happens to you, as you are left in limbo for 24 hours.   

But if it's within the rules then I guess it's a fair tactic, albeit rather anti-social. If the manager has a habit of doing that then just don't bid on his players. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Glory >> tuesday february 5 - 11:36

It's your own choice when you place a bid that is below asking price. Don't complain about it.

nl Glory
Registered2016-03-21
nl Vincent de Boer >> tuesday february 5 - 11:51

People may have valid reasons not to instantly reject a bid below the asking price. Maybe they want to think about it or maybe they want to see the result of another transfer before making the decision. It is allowed to do this.

It is possible that someone just waits to annoy you but I do not think that is the majority. They also cannot re-list their player before declining your bid.

If you make a bid below the asking price you have to take into account that it can take up to 24 hours to get a reply.

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
pt Marco Carvalho >> tuesday february 5 - 13:16

I would give all that for free, but he just said "I didnt notice".

U put a player for transfer, u receive 2 emails when bidding times ends I send him 1 message and then he tells me "I didnt notice"? Cmon... 
I get it, its the rules and everything and I dont mind at all, but there are cases u know its just on purpose to piss u off. 

pt Marco Carvalho
Community admin
Registered2013-05-07
uy Awful >> thursday february 14 - 12:39

when you placing bid under the asking price , you should keep that  24h transfer holdon in mind .

other option is to contact with club manager before bidding.

everyone should be ok with this transfer market rule , im ok with it.. even i have to wait sometimes , sometimes other manager ignores your bid , sometiomes he didnt even log in for 24h .

that is good rule, you may need time for thinking. or sometimes you may want 1 more game with this player.

when im doing this ( not accepting bid right away ) most of time i let know other manager my plan.. like i will play one more game and accept tommorow. or im thinking and soon will let u know..

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
pt Nuno Giga >> friday february 15 - 09:37

I guess on this case everybody is right. I totally understand Marco's point of view. I am a poor team usually under 200M on bank and in order to get a little bit stronger team I always try to bid under asking price. Sometimes I try to understand, by PM if the seller wants to sell by any price or he really wants what he is asking for. Even in this cases sometimes I get no answer and that is really frustrating.

On the other hand, if the rules allows it, anyone should be allowed to use it. Usually when I do it, is because I am still trying to find out if someone makes a bid on my other player at transfer list by the asking price.

Btw, and talking about transfers, why not increase the minimum value that needs administration approval? Nowadays, with all the  academys around the  world any player easily reaches the 20M and anytime in a close future every player sold will be over that minimum value.

It coul be increased for 30M or more.

pt Nuno Giga
User
Registered2015-09-03
pt S L Giga
au davo >> saturday february 16 - 06:49

When I first started out in the game and the TM had some sort of relevance, I did not always make the decision to accept/reject an offer that was under the asking price as I might be waiting on the outcome of other transfers to decide whether or not I would accept. The easy answer is to bud the asking price.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
cy MAKAROS >> saturday february 16 - 12:00

I think 24 hours of waiting is a lot for the bidder if we consider that the transcript period is pressing us all because we need to make other suggestions for players who are interested in us!

I think 12 hours would be a more timely time and would serve us better!

cy MAKAROS
User
Registered2016-06-26
il Numpty >> saturday february 16 - 15:41

Personally I'd rather not having to wait, but not everyone has the time to be on a few times a day. 24 hours is needed to make it fair for everyone. 

What might be helpful is an option where the seller could choose to allow automatic acceptance of bids below the asking price, similar to what is already in place for selling to the bank. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets