Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Site Construction Office (8)

il Numpty >> saturday february 9 - 17:17, Edited saturday february 9 - 17:20

The primary purpose behind this idea is to allow new users an increased ability to catch up with the larger clubs who have already been building for 6 years. If well implemented I believe this will help to retain some new users. 

But rather than simply decrease the established building times or increase the Starter's Bonus, the site Construction Office will give users a further choice of how they wish to play the game, and good decision making should enable them to catch up more quickly.

This will also give Construction Managers an office, although their function and benefit need not change. The CM bonus would apply in addition to the Contruction Office.

Benefit

The idea is that each level of the Construction Office will decrease the building times, say 12% per level, although the final numbers will probably be different.  

In any event building rates will always be constrained by the construction costs.

Penalty

Any club can build a Construction Office, but to discourage the larger clubs there will be an increasing disadvantage with each level, to reflect the fact that the club is now a building site. The fans don't like the building site and neither do the players. 

For instance, each level of Construction office has (say) a 2% penalty on both Stadium attendances and player experience (xp) gained at the Training Facilities. 

This gives everyone the option to build more quickly, but at the expense of lower attendances and slower training rates. 

Because of the penalty the Construction Office may also have the level reduced at any time, with immediate effect.   

Costs

The nature of a site Construction Office, is that they are usually a temporary building, so I would anticipate low construction and maintenance costs and a quick building time. 

Starter's Bonus 

Perhaps instead of the 50% building rate with the Starter's Bonus, new users could start with the first few Construction Office levels being built during the Tutorial. Level 5 being roughly equivalent to the current Starter's Bonus.  

Construction Office

Level - Building Rate - Stadium penalty - xp penalty

1 - 88% - 2% - 2%

2 - 77.4% - 4% - 4%

3 - 68.1% - 6% - 6%

4 - 60.0% - 8% - 8%

5 - 52.8% - 10% - 10%

6 - 46.4% - 12% - 12%

7 - 40.9% - 14% - 14%

8 - 36.0% - 16% - 16%

9 - 31.6% - 18% - 18%

10 - 27.9% - 20% - 20%

All numbers suggested by way of example.  (Based on a 12% reduction per level.)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pl MAT >> saturday february 9 - 20:30

IMO that new players should be able to build faster for VIP credits. (Maybe - Limit 9 level).

Nothing is attached to people like money invested in amenities. Let people spend money. But giving reasonable limitations.

pl MAT
User
Registered2014-06-04
dk Mystic Warrior Copenhagen
nl Joost >> saturday february 9 - 20:48

It is an interesting idea, however why a difficult system when the effect can be reached easier. Building time goes down every time a manager reaches a certain level. For example the first team it costs 50 days and number 100? / 1000? will need for example 40 days.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
il Numpty >> sunday february 10 - 11:05

I don't follow you. Where are these manager levels that you mention? Do you mean if the club gets promoted? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joost >> sunday february 10 - 12:39

No I did suggest something else. For example normally it cost 50 days to develop the trainingscentre on a certain level (FE level 11). The first player who get level 11 of the trainingscentre has to wait 50 days before it is finished. The more managers build this level of trainingscentre the less time it will take for a manager which did nog build this level of trainingscentre yet. How much this has to be and how steep this line has to be should be thought about carefully.

In this case you have the same effect (young teams will build quicker, because they are last in line) and secondly you can calibrate the gap between new teams and developed teams.

I agree with you this gap is to big after the changes in buildings.

The existing managers still will have enough advantages like (more popularity, more income, better team).

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
pt otario007 >> sunday february 10 - 12:55, Edited sunday february 10 - 13:03

@Numpty

And where do you suppose teams would get the money to build the buildings? Do you really believe that a new team could sustain lvl 11+ buildings?

If the goal is for them to have lvl 10 buildings. That will not make them competitive, lvl 10 buildings will get you nowhere now. Its addressing the wrong problem: time, when you should address costs for newer teams.

I do like the premise of Joost's idea though. Maybe not just with time, but also with costs. The more the teams build up lvl 11+ buildings, the cheaper it would get (could think of it in a technological perpective, pioneering is always more expensive). That way advanced teams would have a decision to make, either build now and get ahead but also pay more, or build later and cheaper. At the same time, smaller teams would always be benefited since they would get decreased costs on the buildings, since most (if not all) dont have that kind of money around.

pt otario007
User
Registered2014-05-23
pt Sir Alex >> sunday february 10 - 13:28

Good point 007.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
il Numpty >> sunday february 10 - 14:04, Edited sunday february 10 - 14:06

I like your idea too, Joost. 

I agree that the costs are another major issue. The goal, of course, is not level 10 buildings, but to provide a means for new users to become competitive in some kind of realistic time frame. Whatever that takes. This a proposal that aims to help with that, although as others point out, it probably doesn't go far enough. 

So the crucial thing is to shorten the building times - and, yes, to either provide the finances or to reduce the costs. 

And even if a new team had all the facilities in place, it would still take many seasons to train their own players. 

It would be good to do this without significantly changing the game, and I believe that the proposal of a Construction Office would be a logical addition to how the game currently works.

As far as reducing the costs, then perhaps the building costs could also be reduced with each level of the Construction Office. That would also make sense.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets