Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Friendly games need handicap (13)

ca Maniaque >> saturday february 16 - 05:15, Edited saturday february 16 - 05:20

Its ridiculous to see some teams use their best players to play against a much weaker team in a friendly game and see a result of 20-0 or something like it. There should be a handicap to make the score less stupid. A friendly game that finishes 20-0 is not friendly to me. Those games dont count so why not put a handicap to have a better score in those games and make the games more enjoyable and fair ????

ca Maniaque
Registered2018-10-12
au davo >> saturday february 16 - 06:40

Probably because, as you said, those games don’t count. 

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
it pettore >> saturday february 16 - 14:44

Moreover I think it makes it more realistic,

Often most of the European teams play a frindly match against a local team when they have a bye week. Most of the time they score 10+ goals

it pettore
User
Registered2019-01-12
il Numpty >> saturday february 16 - 16:24, Edited saturday february 16 - 16:25

Let me take up your points in order. 

1. Friendly games are there mainly for player development. Most likely the top teams will use their best players infrequently as they risk injury and tiredness. Most of them will probably play them for 6 friendlies to get the available xp, but not much more.

2.  Since the games don't matter the scoreline is irrelevant. No-one really cares. 

3. If there's a huge gulf in class then the scorelines are not stupid, they are quite realistic. I've rarely seen them go above 10. In any event the  highest recorded scoreline in British football was 36-0. 

4. There is already a handicap in place that limits high scoring games. Players normally have 0.5 scoring deducted after every goal they score, making them less likely to score further goals later in the match. 

5. Finally, if you wish you have the option of choosing your friendly opponents. It's easier to arrange random games, but you don't have to.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> saturday february 16 - 19:16, Edited saturday february 16 - 19:18

Oh! and for what it's worth I've got one of the weakest teams and I'm playing at the bottom level, so I also lose most of my friendlies. 

I have played 7 friendlies since the start of the season, against random opponents, with 6 losses and 1 draw. Goals scored 9, goals against 29. The biggest loss was 0-7.

Strangely the draw was against your team! tongue-out

By way of comparison, you have played 5 friendlies, winning 2 and losing 2, plus the draw. Goals scored 7, goals against 19. 

Your biggest loss was 0-12 today against one of the strongest Chinese Level 1 teams, who did in fact field their 1st team, full of internationals. 

12-0 seems a fair scoreline given the opponents. cool

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> sunday february 17 - 16:25, Edited sunday february 17 - 16:26

Who cares? laughing

If it's not a tournament i don't look even my friendlies results. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
hr Kupus >> sunday february 17 - 18:20

I think the idea has a point.

I do not agree with what is requested but I do believe that everything in the game should have a cause and a interest in the cause.

Everything should be design to be interested to follow except the outcome of it.

Now, what can be done for the friendlies. Well I suppose friendlies will always be a game where you either test a setup or provide games for XP.

But, why not add something to it?

Perhaps a experience ladder? The younger the player the more they gain experience?

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
rs Miroslav Karaicic >> sunday february 17 - 19:26, Edited sunday february 17 - 23:45

Maybe we can make a difference between a single friendly game and an actual friendly tournament? I also don't care for a score in a simple friendly game, as I use it to collect XP points. However, I do like to take part in some international friendly tournaments, where I can compete with other clubs from different leagues. My team is yet to weak for more serious international competition, so the friendlies are a good alternative. Then some of the teams in this tournament play with their youth, and the tournament loses its lure and becomes yet another mere XP collector. I guess it would be possible to just add a simple choice to click for a competitive frindly tournament, so the teams that don't care about the result can avoid them. I guess there are other managers out there who would love to take part in serious and competitive friendlies as I do.

rs Miroslav Karaicic
Translator
Registered2015-01-24
il Numpty >> sunday february 17 - 22:20, Edited sunday february 17 - 22:22

@ Miroslav

I agree that it would be good to have some proper, serious, friendly tournaments. That would be a good addition to the game.

The problem with the current set up is that friendlies are part of the game and affect the players in various ways, suich as xp, tiredness and injuries. 

What we need is another separate category of friendly that are competitive but do not affect the players in any way, so we can field our strongest teams without risk of injury. 

Essentially this is the same idea that Vincent calls "Test Matches", but without using the shared allocation of friendly tokens.   

I would suggest renaming friendlies as "reserve matches" and using "friendlies" as a term for virtual matches that don't affect the players. Every club should be allowed both reserve matches and friendlies and not have to share the same "tokens".

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> monday february 18 - 09:53

Pretty stupid idea.In fact,having a no bounds friendly match makes the game realistic.You still have Everton beating PEC Zwolle 22-0 nonetheless.

PS- Making a distinction between "competitive friendly"tournaments and normal ones,will just lead to 32-teamed league friendly tournaments,cause for the cost of 10 ish credits you will grant your youth players literally a season worth of XP.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> monday february 18 - 12:42, Edited monday february 18 - 12:47

Holt,

If your PS is referring to my last post I am simply suggesting having a new category of friendly that are just for fun and do not change anything in the game.   

No xp, no fatigue, no injuries, no match experience. Nothing, zero, zilch,  nada, nicht, rien.

Managers can setup and play in friendly tournaments as an extra fun part of the game. Nothing changes, so there is no advantage or disadvantage.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Kalle >> monday february 18 - 13:15

@Holt, seeing you used my favorit team as an example i need to react haha.

I agree with most of the above, i don't look at friendly results, the first 6 in preseason i use for my starting 11 plus 3 subs and the youth plays the rest.

Only in friendly tournaments, who i'dd like to win it field my best team all the time.

For the record, PEC Zwolle lost a friendly to Southampton FC with 0-4 in the summer of 2016.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
eng holt >> monday february 18 - 15:59

@Kalle Tosun still ran you ragged though.

@Numpty Then people will just run tons of matches with different conditions to find the next 5-3-2 without any risk.Doesn't sound too good.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18