Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Players' language (17)

pl Archespor >> friday march 1 - 11:37, Edited friday march 1 - 15:03

Hey,
I'm wondering why players have whole career only their domestic language even if they are trained in foreign country and played there whole life?

It will be great to consider that player can "learn" language according to time he spent in specific country.

Furthermore, language has meaning when you want to sign player in transfer window, it counts to pecentage changes so why it doesn't counts later, when you finally get the player in your club?

pl Archespor
User
Registered2013-09-17
pl Sparta Łódź
il Numpty >> friday march 1 - 12:01

Good idea. 

I suggest you amend your typo ... unless, of course, you intend for them to get their language tuition in a brothel. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pl Archespor >> friday march 1 - 15:04

Good point, corrected tongue-out

pl Archespor
User
Registered2013-09-17
pl Sparta Łódź
bg mo >> friday march 1 - 17:34

@Archespor because all players in this game are Gareth Bale kind of players, no matter how long they live in foreign country, they refuse to learn even basic domestic language.

bg mo
User
Registered2013-07-25
bg FC Smunck
ua Garfman >> saturday march 2 - 07:54

Nice and very logical suggestion. 

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
gr PMK >> saturday march 2 - 11:03

I see new buildings coming. 

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
ee onuelver >> sunday march 3 - 06:53

Then there should be new skills for player about his language learning ability which would depend also on nationality- some nations have more problems with learning languages.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
pl Archespor >> sunday march 3 - 07:27

@onuelver
Or in general, add two skills which influence player's ability to learn langueage, not strictly connected with nationality because it's too much generalization.
My suggestions:
"Polyglot" - player learns new foreign language twice faster as usual
"Dyslexic" - player has problems with learning languages and acquires it three times slower.

pl Archespor
User
Registered2013-09-17
pl Sparta Łódź
il Numpty >> sunday march 3 - 08:33

It's a good idea, but there's no need to make it too complicated in a football management game. 

The player acquires a foreign language gradually based on the length of time spent in the foreign country. Although perhaps it could be easier for younger players. 

Would there need to be language levels?

Such as level 1 (basic) acquired after say 1 season, level 2 (intermediate) acquired after 2 seasons and level 3 (fluent) after 4 seasons. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pt Sir Alex >> sunday march 3 - 14:29, Edited sunday march 3 - 14:32

I agree, good suggestion, the new special attributes are also good ones but to be natural attributes, not trainable attributes.

Maybe the normal must be slower than Numpty suggest.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
pl Archespor >> sunday march 3 - 17:07

Yeah, I was thinking of natural attributes/skills, not trainable. Imho this wouldn't be too much (or to complicated) for the game. When I was thinking about this whole idea I was reffering to real football where language skills are important, it affects how you adapt to new team, to new environment, how you communicate on the pitch and understand strategy. It's really important.
Moreover, i thought that: if there is something like "language" added to the game, let's give it a meaning and be consequent. Many of us has multinational teams with where everyone speaks other language and it doesn't even matters.

pl Archespor
User
Registered2013-09-17
pl Sparta Łódź
nl Vincent de Boer >> wednesday march 6 - 20:06

I agree that this would be interesting, but only if language mattered more than it does now. Is that something we would want?

nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
eng Stephen >> wednesday march 6 - 21:06

You mean that, ultimately, it would affect the way players performed on the pitch? It would make people think about recruitment differently, certainly.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> wednesday march 6 - 21:19, Edited wednesday march 6 - 21:20

Personally I wouldn't want language to affect the matches or matter more than it's currently used for during transfers.

So no need to spend a lot of development time making it complicated, but I support the original idea of players acquiring more than one language, solely for the purpose of the transfer market.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pt Sir Alex >> wednesday march 6 - 21:39, Edited wednesday march 6 - 21:41

Now we have patriotic players, the country already influence the game, it would be great if the language can also influence a bit yes. It is logic. Better a player plays with some guys who talk his langage than in a team with 10/15 different languages.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04