Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Tips for my Forward line-up (Starters + Sub) (5)

eng Proper Top Gaffer >> friday october 18 - 13:43, Edited friday october 18 - 13:44

Hey,

I've been pondering this as I anticipate the coming season.

These are my lads, for easy viewing see the image: https://i.imgur.com/sw5rY1G.jpg

Which should be my two Starters and who should be my Sub?

Also, should I use two Strikers or a Striker + Second Striker?

Thanks for your thoughts.

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
il Numpty >> friday october 18 - 20:53

My tip would be to get yourself a Loan striker. 

Failing that the best two are Taverner and Dorsey, especially as they have Longshots. Beavers and Cambridge will only get worse during the season due to their age. 

Cambridge - with supersub - is probably your best sub. He also has unusually high tactics for a forward so scout the opposition defenders and bring him on where he will be the most effective given his Tactics. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
base on overall strength of your league, you dont have to bother too much on better players.
What you should consider now is that you are in position to easily manage your team and save money for future team.
Now you can choose to play your strongest players and use u21 players as sub, or adding them to starting eleven.
Your aim to benefit your club right now is improving your popularity, (winning home games included),
staff to your fanshop, stadium plus staff on it.
upgrading to YC10
Focus on buying young stars (cheap YC10 kids,) and train them up
you can loan in cheap popular players or buy some..
At least this should be your starting point than selection problem.
eng Proper Top Gaffer >> saturday october 19 - 10:32

@Numpty

Loan slots are used up; were used up in a panic to try and avoid Relegation, that is. Alas, we lost the Relegation series.

Well, that is the line-up I went in my first match and it (just barely) worked.

Good point on the Tactics, I had overlooked that!

Thanks overall.

@Don-X
I just got my Stadium 7, which Numpty also suggested a while ago. Right now I am building Fanshop 7 and after that Catering 7. After that I will likely go for Office 5. I do have a Staff on Stadium, too.

YC10 is likely far away, it's extremely expensive.

Yes, I will try to use U21 in some of the easier matches to get them experience; I do still want to be Promoted back up to League 3.

The problem with Buying and Loaning players is that they have to be English. This is proving to be a problem, there are extremely few of them on the Transfer Market. :/

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
il Numpty >> saturday october 19 - 12:02

Ah! I hadn't noticed that you already had your quota of loan players. 

I do agree with Don about your main aim being to improve your popularity. Do the usual stuff - sell tickets, get some popular players and win your home matches.  Relegation is probably a blessing in disguise as you will get better (home) results at a lower level and this will help your popularity to grow. I probably wouldn't bother with Fan shop staff quite yet as the amount of benefit is directly related to your current popularity level and they won't help much with 700k. 

I would think carefully about doing Catering 7 right away as it may lose you money until you get some Catering staff. Crunch the numbers first based on your likely attendances. 

Next I would suggest building Office, Health Centre or Scout Office depending on what you can afford. 

Also I noticed that your Office staff isn't doing anything useful. It would be much better to have a Construction Manager and speed up your buildings. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets