Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

High YC10 age tactic (5)

nl Losing >> monday january 13 - 10:21

Hi!

I was wondering if someone has experience with putting YC10 age at the highest.

The only use for them currently, for me, is to train them until they are worth about the maximum bank value and then sell them all to the bank. They usually take until 18/19yo before they are, so 4-5 seasons of training.

YC10 can generate players 3 years older than I'm currently doing. They will miss the match experience of those 3 seasons (27k experience) so will be significantly worse at that age, but if they get to the maximum value in 2 or 3 seasons from that point it would be a valid tactic, giving me 8 more spots to buy youths from the market and train up (coming to an extra profit of about 120 million over 4 seasons, or 30m/season). Of course you can sell academy players for more than just maximum bank value so if this works it's only feasible for people who don't have academies yet.

So I was wondering if that is possible for 18yo YC10's. Has anyone tried this already, and what kind of players can you expect to get?

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
il Numpty >> monday january 13 - 10:50, Edited monday january 13 - 11:00

I'm not sure if this helps much but I've been doing this with YC8 players for the last few months. The age range being 16-19.

I found that I was generally selling the 16 year olds  at the next transfer window (usually for around 1 million RSD) and buying better ones. By increasing their age to 19 they are worse prospects but come with more xp and more rating, and have been selling for around $3 million. 

I'm not sure how that would play out with YC 10 youths, but unless the players are good enough to keep long term the key issue is how fast can you make money from them.

Edit

Maybe try it with one YC10 player and see what he looks like. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets

I can't remember exactly but they have 3m-6m when they are born, you will definitely find it difficult to get them to bank maximum before they turn 22yrs.

Getting them as young as possible is much better than being older. 

nl Losing >> monday january 13 - 15:23

Yeah if they are only worth 3-6m it's not gonna work. I was thinking about them already being >10m or something, then it just might work out.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
nl Joost >> tuesday january 14 - 06:38

I think this strategie is only working when you sell them immediately after you get them. But even in this case it will not bring you gold any more on level 10 youth. Because nowadays people are overbidding the really young ones on the transfermarket.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB