Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Discord Server (13)

ar Lumpen >> thursday august 20 - 19:24, Edited thursday august 20 - 19:25

If some players join the iniciative we may make a nice discord server to chat about the game and life. Forum is not dinamic and it may be a nice iniciative to get the comunnity more involved in the game.

It would be great also to set some rules, like no disrepectful or toxic message tolerated.

I want to know your opinions. 

I dont know much about how to creat it but i m looking foward to learn. (im Mathematician/Programmer so im confident ill be a fast learning and only need like 15 matches in a season to learn it). Please pm me if u have some information about it.

ar Lumpen
User
Registered2015-02-25
cn El Chalten
ar Lumpen >> thursday august 20 - 19:35, Edited friday august 21 - 12:51

Pro vs Cons time: (CLEARLY MY OWN PRO CONS; ll be editing it with your suggestions)

Pros:

• Making bots to make people search things!! yes, search things!!! for example u can edit him to have some commands like !help that leads u to the help page, or even more specificts one, like !championsEurope that leads u to the in game page of the champions, all done by a nice bot :)
  • it has an app!!! u can talk without being in a browser and could have notifications.
  • u can have actually nice conversations with other players (like with voice or video)
  • The game is multipling its quitters with time, and i think if this doesnt prosper, we should definitively make something.

Cons:

• We may be tearing into 2  community, the one that uses this server and the one in discord. 
  • There have been one that didn´t prosper, but i think we could revive it.
  • If there aren't any gamer people, probably has no point in using a gaming platform where for example u can make a LoL or WoW group. (for the record, i dont play neither of both, but im a big fan of AoE II DE). Also, most of players have 4+ years playing the game and this is a browser game, that probably means we are lacking in youth people big time. 

Edited: 21/08/2020 14 GMT

ar Lumpen
User
Registered2015-02-25
cn El Chalten
ar Lumpen >> thursday august 20 - 21:46, Edited friday august 21 - 12:55

ive veen told we had one taht fail to be attractive, do u think we could do one that works? We should definitively consider doing one and putting the best of us to make it work

Rather as the others suggestion, i believe this could be done by us, the community. Its far more than clear that Delf Games isnt going to invest any more time in developing the game (i hope im wrong, but i believe what i once  read in this forum, that they earn much more money working for other company rather than investing time over here), and now its up to us to make those abailable improvements.

Edited: 21/08/2020 14 GMT

Here im talking about a free, not official discord active server. It's a place where we could organize as community in a more comfortable and interactive way. 

Hoping to get more opinions about it.

ar Lumpen
User
Registered2015-02-25
cn El Chalten
uy Awful >> friday august 21 - 02:47

great idea ! im interested to join ! 

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
ro Andrei >> friday august 21 - 03:05
A discord channel was made. Not sure if it's still working.

https://rockingsoccer.com/ro/fotbal/forum/home-en/1?topic=86367
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ca Alex Seymour >> friday august 21 - 04:55

What's a Discord? Is it like the Snappy chat thing where you take a picture of your arm or you leg etc...

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng holt >> friday august 21 - 05:10

@Lumpen We do have a discord channel.

https://discord.gg/FCEUxte

This link still works,but not one really talks on it despite with 32 users on it.

@Alex It's primarily used as a gaming forum.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
uy Awful >> friday august 21 - 07:29

im lookin for someone who can create nice videos about my team and my success ! including game live action, individual players, trophies, managing style. many pictures, screen videos, + nice musics ! i can offer big thanks for someone whos ready to work

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
ar Lumpen >> friday august 21 - 12:33, Edited friday august 21 - 12:53

First of all, i d like to apologize for the tone i express before, the community was is and ll be the only reason why this game is still alive.  I'm just here proposing (it's perfect if most of u think its a bad idea and prefer things like they are now). Also i know i'm not discovering anything, im just trying to bring new posibilities for our community that might have already been proposed.  Ill be editing the presentation of the thread.

@holt i'd like to get in touch with the discord server's owner, i d thank u if u can put me in contact (i've read is Ryan, but i dont know who ryan is and i dont find any faster way rather than searching him  1 by 1 in the rankings page system)

@Awful im afraid i cant hep u with that, but i ll be hoping to see those videos if they are done (its nice how u are winning the league against a 3 times bigger populity and way better stars club)

ar Lumpen
User
Registered2015-02-25
cn El Chalten
uy Awful >> friday august 21 - 14:26

thanks bro, one that i made -

https://streamable.com/nxwdxr

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
uy Awful >> friday august 21 - 14:37

im using smart tactics for important matches. betw. mbe we should start whatsapp chat ? and i know few adult girls that plays a  roccing soker ! one is rlly pretty

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
eng holt >> friday august 21 - 15:00

@Awful Pandering to all audiences I see.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> friday august 21 - 15:57
Can you stick to the topic, please?
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30