Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

NT GK not available anymore! (8)

ro eupoli >> saturday february 6 - 17:37

Hello,

I am wondering what happened to Argentina NT, Axel Miguéliz. Is it allowed to fire NT players? 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1618163

Thanks

ro eupoli
User
Registered2013-05-23
ro AC Recas
ee Balthazor >> saturday february 6 - 18:52

I think that as team got "bot" for some moments and player was almost 38 he was fired automatically as too old. There was border of 36 long time ago, when bots will fire players no matter if it was best player of team. I think that rule still existing.

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
il Numpty >> saturday february 6 - 19:04

^^^^ This.

He hasn't played for the club since before the manager changed. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro eupoli >> saturday february 6 - 21:48

Correct, but that is irrelevant. He was on the shortlist and because he was the best gk, he played for NT.

ro eupoli
User
Registered2013-05-23
ro AC Recas
il Numpty >> saturday february 6 - 22:28, Edited saturday february 6 - 22:30

It's evidence of the date that he left the club, which therefore supports the explanation that he left during the club reset when the managers changed. 

That was the question you were asking, which is 'what happened?' 

As far as I understand it he remains on the NT shortlist so can play for the NT (without a club) until the next shortlist is selected.  At which point he's no longer eligible. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> sunday february 7 - 02:06

Fired players are not eligible for NT selection.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
ro eupoli >> sunday february 7 - 12:02

Thanks all for the details, I was not aware of those. My conclusion is that:

1) if NT player is in a team that becomes bot, most probably will be lost from game

2) it is allowed to fire NT players.

It is a shame that this could happen, but it is what it is.

Cheers and thanks a lot.

ro eupoli
User
Registered2013-05-23
ro AC Recas
il Numpty >> monday february 8 - 13:29, Edited monday february 8 - 13:35

To clear up some of your points. 

1). Being an NT player had nothing to do with him leaving the game. As explained by Balthazor the reason he left the game during the club reset was due to his age. It seems that is the main factor when players are culled, and player rating and position appear to be disregarded. So older keepers are the most likely to be lost. 

2). Technically he didn't actually get fired.  Players that are fired show as "Player is fired" in the clubs transfer history and also in the player's employment history.  Players that are lost during a club reset seem to just disappear with no record of leaving. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets