Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

GK as defender (9)

tr Baba Hindi >> monday february 22 - 11:37

I know it is not possible to place a GK as defender even if I wish. But due to some bug, my GK was playing as a defender :D such a great game engine.

if ball in game:

do_random()

this is the match: https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-19519252

tr Baba Hindi
User
Registered2013-05-20
tr RumeliSpor
il Numpty >> monday february 22 - 12:48, Edited monday february 22 - 12:51

Not a bug at all. 

1. It is possible to play a keeper as a defender. Not usually a good idea but nothing stops you. 

2. When the game does automatic subs for an injury then I believe it chooses the strongest player, by rating, for the position.  With no defenders left on the bench then the keeper was the best option as his Blocking makes him a stronger defender than the other choices. The game is working as designed.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
tr Baba Hindi >> monday february 22 - 15:02

"1. It is possible to play a keeper as a defender. Not usually a good idea but nothing stops you. "

Not if you place him in sub GK. You can never choose another position for your sub-GK if you make the substitution by yourself. This is a bug because you cannot do it, but the system can do it. So, this should not be possible. This is a bug, or the rules should change and we could also substitute our sub-GK for other positions as well.

tr Baba Hindi
User
Registered2013-05-20
tr RumeliSpor
ee onuelver >> monday february 22 - 15:24

Never tried it but it might be almost like defender on DM position that work often better than "real" mids.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
il Numpty >> monday february 22 - 15:30, Edited monday february 22 - 15:37

As you wish. 

As I stated you can play a keeper as a defender - nothing stops you. Either from the start or by placing him in a non-keeper postion on the bench. The game just treats them as any other player. 

Using the keeper spot on the bench for substitutions is a different thing entirely. However, it can still be used for other positions as shown in this match here:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-19671947

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Good bye >> tuesday february 23 - 18:10

@Numpty

I can't really tell how you figureed all this.

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
@Numpty i can't get the gk sub position work for an outfield player.
ee onuelver >> wednesday february 24 - 12:07

For that you put player you want to sub off to GK position and set the substitution. Then move him to his correct position and put correct keeper.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
ah thanks @onuelver
will be useful for me because i hv just one u21 gk.