Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Academy Planning (38)

il Numpty >> thursday june 17 - 10:10

The forums are very quiet so let's have a discussion and get a few ideas.   

I'm currently saving up to build various academy levels. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether it's best to just build them when you have the money or if it's better to wait and stockpile a load of cash and then build a few levels one after another when you've saved up a large fortune. 

If you go for the latter approach how much do you need before starting to build?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Kalle >> thursday june 17 - 10:20

how about not buying the academy's.... lvl 1, 2 and 3 generate little more income then selling lvl 10's to the bank.

Just save the money and buy your way to glory :)

Works fine for me, 250m profit without transfers every seasson, just buy 28y olds.

1 Great goalie, 1 great middfielder and 1 great striker, you'll be playing EL :)

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> thursday june 17 - 10:46

Thanks Kalle. 

Just for the sake of clarity 'academy levels' can refer either to training or youth academies or both. Or perhaps as Kalle suggests, neither. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
tr Kurt >> thursday june 17 - 11:42

I think the football academy will be destroyed as soon as the youth academy is launched, it makes sense to upgrade the football academy and sell it.

tr Kurt
User
Registered2013-05-19
tm Konyagücü Kurtları ►
au davo >> thursday june 17 - 12:38

I would definitely save up until I could afford a FA1/2/3/4/5. I would then build them successively and save up money for a team during the construction period.

Once I had my FA5 I would buy a young team of YA4/5 players, maybe 15 outfield players (Preferably I would already have a really old keeper who was just going to rise forever).

I would not upgrade from a YC10 and would rely on the TM for my team, selling all my youths to the bank for $100m plus per season, plus I would farm around 25 players at any one time (excluding my own youths).

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
eng ipfreely >> thursday june 17 - 16:16

I agree with Davo's suggestion. With FA5, even YC8 or lower might be enough to farm players effectively (it'd be slower to get each one to bank value but you'd get more come through each season). YA4+ players, even superstar ones, are surprisingly cheap.

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
il Numpty >> thursday june 17 - 16:33

That's pretty much the plan that I have in mind @Davo. But I thought it would be interesting to get a few different opinions.  Kalle's approach is not a bad strategy either. 

What I'm unclear about is how much needs to be saved up before starting the build? The total costs of FA2-5 are about $4.2 billion but I think much more will be needed in order to have a decent budget to spend on players and good quality youths.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
tr Kurt >> thursday june 17 - 17:38, Edited thursday june 17 - 17:39

@Nupty

fa 5

ya 3

I think you should be

Çeviri sonuçları

tr Kurt
User
Registered2013-05-19
tm Konyagücü Kurtları ►
ru Eric_Cantonais >> thursday june 17 - 18:00

I like to keep around 1B. in the bank to generate maximum interest. Saving up (much) more doesn't seem very useful to me, as your money is then just "sleeping" and doesn't get you any benefit.

Thus when planning to build a new academy level, I try to have Construction Costs + 1B. in the bank. I think it is economically more profitable to have better infrastructures than a huge amount of money which doesn't generate any interest. Also more enjoyable to have better players than to pile up ludicrous finances. Due to lack of development of the game it's probably better to have a medium/long-term strategy than a very long-term one.

ru Eric_Cantonais
User
Registered2013-08-11
fr Le Feu Occulte
au davo >> thursday june 17 - 22:56

@Numpty. It will take a minimum of just over 6 seasons to build up to a FA5. Farming players with low wage bills and getting high attendences in a Stadium 11 during that time would be more than enough to be able to buy a squad of players and have $1bn left for interest.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
pii >> tuesday july 13 - 12:52
no one has mentioned the ridiculous players wage, it's much worse than having a big academy.
2 good players can cripple ur plans.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> tuesday july 13 - 14:25

Can't disagree with that. If you get any elite players the wages can be a  real killer. 

We're all hoping that Vincent will fix it at some point. But for now we have to work around what we've got. Stockpiling cash before building a team is one solution, or try and predict the likely future wages and avoid buying anyone that would really cripple you.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl JvB >> tuesday july 13 - 14:29

Interesting topic Numpty! I mostly agree with Eric in this one.
Resume:
Optimize your income in your club, in your bank account and in your team. Forget YA focus on FA. Start building FA1 once you have 1,2B and build FA2 and FA3 in succession. Than just save some money for 2, maybe 3 seasons and build FA4. The 1B limit is important (if you have a long term focus), but it may be breached a little for this cause in my opinion.

The complete story:
I think the most efficient way forward is first to make sure you did everything to earn as much money as possible. Stadium 11, fanshop 10, catering 10 and office 10 to start with. Furthermore try to have the 1B at all time (respect if you can maintain this, I couldn’t) and accept your currently not fighting for the prices. Use as many training spots to farm players / other players you can sell with profit, without relegating and with players that preferably don’t have a high salary and don’t devaluate too much. For me that meant to stay in division 2 for a long time, so be it.

In my opinion YA is not worth building anymore (other discussion), so I focus on building FA.

Once your situation is as above it will be a quick race since you will probably earn between 300M and 400M per season (depending on many things). 100M profit during the season including stadium tickets and excluding interest should be easy to realize + 80M interest. With VIP3 10 players for rent + at least 16 young / farm players + several players in your first squad means about 35 players max to make profit with. If you realize 5M for each player you are realizing (100+80+175=) 355M per season.

In this case if you start building FA1 once you have 1,2B, you can build FA1, FA2 and FA3 in succession without waiting time and you will have almost all the time at least 1B. Building time is about 3,5 season, so you will earn about 1,2B in that period where the costs are 1,3B (costs will rise a bit, so will your income for selling players). Once FA3 is finished, just wait 2 or 3 seasons and start building FA4.

FA5 can be treated separately in my opinion since your club with FA4 is completely different compared with TC10, although the same method can be used, just save money several seasons and build it.

This story is a combinations of how I did it and how I should have done it. It brought me stadium 11 and FA4 in a little over 3 years and I started from scratch. Hopefully this story is helpful for some of you:) And please let me know if you have any comments on this. Discussions always help improving!

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
il Numpty >> tuesday july 13 - 14:51

Thanks @JVB. 

I've already got the money to build FA 2,3,4 but due to increased costs I think I can make a better seasonal profit by sticking with FA 1 until I have enough to build FA5.

I am of the view that the extra xp isn't worth the extra expense if it's mostly for farming purposes. Although I might consider FA2 at some point.

For now I'm just finishing off the other necessary infrastructure that I know I will need in the future. Scout 11-12 and HC 10-11. After that I might simply build museum levels for a few seasons.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
gr PMK >> tuesday july 13 - 15:12

If you want titles FA4 YC10. 

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20