Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Transfer (7)

eng Sammy >> saturday april 16 - 04:03, Edited saturday april 16 - 04:07

My team purchased a 19year35week player with Market estimate  14705000 for    £ 14 830 540. But it was flagged as" an Expensive transfers for review by administrators."

I don't have a problem with that... If it was an overpayment and deserves to be reversed and/or fined so be it. Since  approximately 1 % more was paid for the transfer, I am curious: what's the criteria for an expensive transfer?

eng Sammy
User
Registered2021-05-29
eng Fast Cocks
il Numpty >> saturday april 16 - 08:49

I don't believe anyone knows. That's probably a good thing as it's designed to stop unfair transfers.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> saturday april 16 - 12:58

Maybe 5 or 10M? Probably set on early time like club being "rich" criteria. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
il Numpty >> saturday april 16 - 13:11, Edited saturday april 16 - 16:20

It's definitely not as simple as a set amount.

I am of the opinion that the 'expensive' algorithm takes a number of factors into account, not just the price. 

For instance, young high potential players will sell for many times their market value and don't always go to review. Others will sell for a lot less but still get reviewed. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Sammy >> sunday april 17 - 15:35, Edited sunday april 17 - 15:37

Thank you Numpty

That makes sense but it would have been nice to know before bidding that I was overpaying. I could have waited for a bargain :-)

eng Sammy
User
Registered2021-05-29
eng Fast Cocks
Transfers $12m above go for review.
eng Sammy >> saturday april 23 - 04:45

Thanks Don-x& onulever

eng Sammy
User
Registered2021-05-29
eng Fast Cocks