Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Highest bidder wins (6)

pii >> sunday may 15 - 15:16
I hate to see, the management of xxx urge him to accept the bid from xxx and he chooses the lowest bidder.
Highest bidder should always win an auction, but if there's two or 3 similar bids the probability should decide who win between them.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> sunday may 15 - 17:09

The message that really annoys me is "Next round started ..."

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> sunday may 15 - 18:13

Especially when the bidder has paid the bottom price and ends up with 0% in the next round

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ng Phantom >> wednesday may 18 - 21:55

The method adopted in Trophy Manager should be adopted here too to make transfers more challenging and fun. Highest bidder always wins even irl

ng Phantom
User
Registered2018-01-02
tj Al Ahly SC⭐
in viktor >> monday may 30 - 14:00, Edited monday may 30 - 14:02

It was originally implemented to prevent leagues from becoming Bayern+rest (or pick a RL league you would be less offended by)  so that teams with fewer resources had a "chance" of getting the better players and competing- the same reason some RL sports leagues implement a "Draft". But unlike RL association football leagues and a tad annoying it is

in viktor
User
Registered2013-05-22
in Air FC
il Numpty >> monday may 30 - 14:05, Edited monday may 30 - 14:08

I suspect that it also works as an anti-cheating measure. 

If you could guarantee that the highest bidder always wins it makes it easier to manipulate some of the transfers. 

It's still annoying though, so I would be in favour of reducing the random element so that the highest bidder wins much more frequently, but there's still a small chance that the player goes elsewhere.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets