Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Office staff retirement (10)

il Numpty >> sunday july 2 - 13:04, Edited sunday july 2 - 13:18

When the office staff member retires, it's my understanding that the facility with 2 staff automatically gets 1 of them unassigned. He can then be re-assigned after a new office staff gets appointed. 

My question is does anyone know which of the 2 staff members loses his job? 

It could be the first in, the last in, the one with the lowest skill, something else, or completely random. 

Edit

Just to add as a point of interest, this is my longest serving staff member, so is the first time I have had an office retirement. By the time he retires at the end of the season, he'll have been in post for nearly 5 years. 

Not bad value when I originally paid the sum of $780k.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pii >> sunday july 2 - 17:10
I think the one with lowest skill drop or the newly appointed if they have same skill.
No data to back it up though.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> sunday july 2 - 18:53, Edited sunday july 2 - 19:05

I think there would be a few ways of coding it, all of which might have a case for being argued as perfectly reasonable.

Keep the one with the

• higher skill
  • higher talent
  • lower age
  • older appointment  
  • newer appointment (if appointed in last 52 days)
  • just completely random

All of which tells us nothing without any evidence, or a post from Vincent explaining how it works.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pii >> sunday july 2 - 20:23
Agree with you.
I don't think a newly appointed staff (less than 52days) will lose his job.
Maybe we could run a test on this.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
ph Cresencio Fernando >> monday july 3 - 01:50

Just my recollection, but I think I once had a recently appointed staff (under 52)  undone when my office staff was retired. He was of lower experience. 

How I recall it, anyway. 

ph Cresencio Fernando
User
Registered2014-03-16
ph Davao Griffins
il Numpty >> monday july 3 - 09:54

Thanks, that's useful. 

My own guess - without any evidence - is the most logical way to code it is to keep the staff member with the higher skill. 

But in the event that the skill is the same, and both with level 10, what attribute is used as the tie-breaker?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> wednesday august 16 - 07:43

Here's my update on what happened when he retired.

I got the normal retirement message for the staff member. It made no mention of the double staff. However one of the staff in the other facility had been quietly removed.

Comparing the 2 staff members that were in the double facility:

• they were both of the same skill level (10) for the facility

The one removed:

• was more recently appointed (less than 52 days)
  • had more talent
  • was older

I'm guessing he was removed because it was last in first out.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Garfman >> wednesday august 16 - 08:32

Just in: my office staff member just retired this morning, and nothing happened. The two staff members on the training complex didn't move an inch.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
il Numpty >> wednesday august 16 - 08:54, Edited wednesday august 16 - 09:41

That's weird!

I have absolutely no explanation for why it seems to work differently.

Just being speculative it may have something to do with the timing and whether or not you were logged in during the update. Some changes to the club only get processed when the manager logs in. So the exact sequence of events may have been different.  

Consider this. 

Staff retirement and checking for the legitimacy of double staff may be independent events that don't necessarily occur at around the same time. 

I was logged in and active during the update. So the office staff member retired immediately and then maybe slightly later during the update one of the double staff got stood down because I had no office staff. 

If @Garfman wasn't active during the update then the office staff only retired when he logged in a few hours later rather than during the update. At which point he still has double staff in the training facility and the main update has already finished so he keeps them both, at least for now. Most likely - if he had not appointed another staff in the office - one of them would have been removed at the next update.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Garfman >> wednesday august 16 - 10:00

That sounds like the most reasonable explanation (and yes, I wasn't active during the update).

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC