Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

YOUTH cup seeding (3)

se Lunkan >> saturday december 9 - 19:44

How is the national youth cup seeding done, when some clubs dont enter until later round??

My YOUTH team have finnished better than one of the seeded both if count one or two years back... (Not three years because I have played just few years  :)  

That other team, which I question seeded before mine, is ranked higher at SENIOR level and POPULARITY, but IF YOUTH is seeded after that it isnt correct  :)  

((Compare: IRL I developed two clubs from "bottom" to national Elite. Both times the youth became elite several years earlier than the seniors. IF would have seeded youth after seniors - which wasnt - that would have been very wrong.))

se Lunkan
User
Registered2023-04-24
se Almunge
il Numpty >> saturday december 9 - 20:54, Edited saturday december 9 - 20:58

The youth cup seeding is rather a strange system. 

It's absolutely nothing to do with how good your youth team is. 

Seeding is based on

1. The league level of the clubs

2. The popularity of clubs at the same level. 

So the top 4 seeds are always the 4 most popular clubs in level 1. 

The number of seeded rounds depends on how many clubs have a youth team. So this will vary every season.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
se Lunkan >> saturday december 9 - 21:34

Thank you.

So that need to be changed  :)  

se Lunkan
User
Registered2023-04-24
se Almunge