Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Major League Soccer (388)

ca Sadrudin >> sunday september 10 - 14:18, Edited sunday september 10 - 14:37

Today, Atlanta United are playing their first game in their new home; Mercedes-Benz Stadium! Atlanta Falcons are also playing in the stadium as well. 

Inside: https://media.bizj.us/view/img/10577003/8-15-mercedes-benz-stadium-bs11*1200xx4928-2780-0-184.jpg

Outside: https://www.mobilesportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/meb1-3.jpg

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> saturday september 16 - 21:48, Edited saturday september 16 - 21:48

Atlanta United have set a new MLS record attendance in a sold-out stadium, with an attendance of 70 425 people!

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Ron >> saturday september 16 - 21:53

Wow...that is crazy...I wonder what the comp level or discount was...Atlanta is known as a poor sports town for its teams...Braves, Falcons,Hawks and Thrashers when they were there...

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Sadrudin >> sunday september 17 - 00:28

Ron, actually Atlanta United FC have a good chance of making an MLS average attendance record in their inaugral season! 

I think the attractive football that Atlanta plays, is part of the reason why they are getting such good attendance.

But also some cities favour certain sports more than others, and maybe Atlanta is a soccer city, and doesn't gravitate to other sports as much.

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday september 17 - 12:25

Toronto FC beat LA Galaxy 0-4 @ StubHub center! Since NYCFC drew 1-1 to Colorado Rapids, the Reds extended their lead to 11 points.

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Ron >> sunday september 17 - 19:40

Reds can clinch on Saturday with a win....plus they were missing Altidore, Govinco and Betashore yesterday....Ricketts looked against LA....

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Sadrudin >> sunday september 17 - 21:10, Edited sunday september 17 - 21:32

If Toronto FC win on Wednesday versus Montréal Impact, and New York City FC lose to Houston Dynamo, Toronto FC will officially clinch their first ever Supporters' Shield. 

It's feels amazing to say that.

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday september 17 - 21:31

Watch this video from COPA90 US, to learn about soccer in Detroit!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYGQjJFg76U

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday october 1 - 01:04

THE SUPPORTERS' SHIELD IS COMING TO TORONTO FC!!!

Toronto FC clinches the MLS Supporters' Shield on September 30th, 2017, with a 4-2 @ BMO Field versus New York Red Bulls. 

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday october 1 - 01:05

Justin Morrow scores his first hat-trick today, helping Toronto FC clinch the Supporters' Shield!

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Ron >> sunday october 1 - 06:17

It was a weird match....TFC dominated yet found themselves tied 2 apiece till the 78th minute...Offense looked great but the defenders and midfield defense looked lost at times...Still big win and taking the Shield dies great things for Football in Toronto....P.S...it was damn cold tonight being there lol

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Sadrudin >> sunday october 1 - 14:05, Edited sunday october 1 - 14:06

You went there Ron? That must have been great!

Unfortunatly, I couldn't watch the match because my TV provider, gives all the TSN channels, except TSN 2 (which you need to buy another package for), but it seems like whenever they show the match on TSN 2, they don't play it on the other TSN stations. And then since the match is on national television, I can't watch it on MLS Live as well, because it is blacked out!

It's so frustrating!

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Ron >> sunday october 1 - 18:07, Edited sunday october 1 - 18:11

Ya Sadruin I was there...It was the 7th game I have been this season...Atmosphere was great.. With the Maple Leafs hockey at the Ricoh and the closing cereomonies concert with Springsteen at the ACC for the Invictus Games it made for a not so fun traffic situation after but still worth it...

You need to stream the games then if you can't see them on TSN...I can PM you a couple of really good streaming sites that work quite well...

ca Ron
User
Registered2013-12-26
bo Tupiza FC
ca Alex Seymour >> monday october 2 - 02:21

It wasn't that cold Ron!

I'll admit, my hand did freeze to my beer can though. Do we get a trophy presented at the Montreal game? Banging a drum and doing that Icelandic thing is all well and good, but I want to see them run round the field with a cup.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Sadrudin >> monday october 2 - 19:26

The trophy is presented on October 15th, Toronto FC's last home game of the season.

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18