Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

eng Dragontao >> friday may 29 - 12:21

@Holt. By making that ranking comparison, you've actually supported Davo's point about RS not being dead because of the lack of development.

Sunday League, a game ranked so far below RS, is still going after 10 years with no development. So why would RS fair any less well and not still be going in 10 years.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
tc ... >> friday may 29 - 16:41, Edited friday may 29 - 16:49

Reading everything everyone has argued, I'm actually going to take the view that this game (in FUNCTIONALITY) seems to be going alright. There are no game-breaking bugs that are occuring. When I say game-breaking bugs, I mean bugs where matches stop working midway and the game never runs to completion. Or that transfers are bugged and you end up paying 10x the actual value you were supposed to pay.

While we may not be having any further updates, it seems that this game can still run competently as is. We have every right to protest lack of updates, but I feel like they would be much more meaningful if RS starts to encounter game-breaking bugs (which could happen in the future).

EDIT:

I actually decided to go play SundayLeague. The game is running on life support at the moment. Yes, it still works, but the website format seems frozen in 2008. Windows overlap with one another, the interface is extremely buggy and hard to navigate, and I couldn't even finish the tutorial because I was immediately turned off by it. I read through their chat feature as well, and their users are going through the same issues that we are going through here. I argue that if RS starts to encounter those issues, then our protests would be much more meaningful (doesn't mean they aren't now, just that they would be much more powerful), as those issues would be hindering our ability to actually play the game.

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
eng holt >> friday may 29 - 17:19

@Dragontao The game could be considered to be running only on the basis of semantics,as El Capitan shows.There is no logical reason why that game should still be running.

Make no mistake,this game is dying and dying fast.In the past 3 months,the game has fallen 220,000 ranks and daily pageviews per visitor is down by 50%.

sure it sounds grim,but would you really want to be playing a dead-end game in 5 years? Might as well make a group chat instead.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Stephen >> friday may 29 - 18:07

@holt - some will still play. It’s up to the individual.

I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to argue here?

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ca Alex Seymour >> friday may 29 - 21:24

I won a sony playstation game and several tonnes of t-shirts off Sunday League in it's heyday.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng holt >> saturday may 30 - 04:54

@Stephen That you can't use an almost non-existent game as an example of longevity.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Stephen >> saturday may 30 - 07:13

But I think two people have been able to convincingly argue exactly that in this thread, Holt.

If the current product is still appealing to some users, they will stay. When it loses that appeal, the users will leave.

I still enjoy the game and have met some engaging people here. While I would prefer some kinks to be ironed out and to make the game more engaging for new starters, I can’t make this happen myself.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ua Garfman >> saturday may 30 - 13:35

Nailed it with that last paragraph, Stephen. My thoughts exactly. 

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
au davo >> sunday may 31 - 01:23, Edited sunday may 31 - 01:24

@alex seymour

The white ones were good but how bad were those coloured T-shirts? Their colour leeching ruined loads of my clothes. I won about a hundred of them. I also won a Leeds shirt and a sundayleague mug that I still have.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
de bask >> sunday may 31 - 10:53

whoa guys...

i was used to play hattrick more or less 10 years ago and it was a silly game with a MSDOS graphic design with nonsense trainings schedule or  any reasonable line up settings..

i joined once again a couple of months ago and hey...still the same and still stupid.

it runs since 1997 and still rocking. so..whats the problem here?

this game is well done and in my opinion is still one of the best games ever played so....winning team doesn't need to be changed ( translating an italian motto)

no bugs no server shutdowns no bugged players  no stupid things like all the team trained in playmaking  (OMG what a sh$$!!!!)

i think it need to be advertized somewhere  the game just runs smoothly

de bask
User
Registered2013-05-25
cv Robur Praia
eng Dragontao >> sunday may 31 - 12:50

@Davo and Alex: From Sunday League I won Mugs (one is a pen holder on my desk these days, looking at it as I type this) mouse mats (so useful now!), t-shirts, an England shirt, a Chelsea shirt and a signed Chelsea football.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ee onuelver >> sunday may 31 - 13:13

Hattrick is completely different and far from realism. Beause their difference they have rotation of top teams: economically it's not possible to dominate competitive league longer time than some seasons- thing that some managers here are dreaming. So you can't say who is the best manager there because maybe best one had restart 5 seasons ago and now he is in some mud league starting with new generation. I don't think that's good. IRL we have thanks to big moneys same teams being on top already 2 decades too.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
tr TT >> thursday june 4 - 19:55, Edited thursday june 4 - 19:55

@Bask is very right! All is smooth and all working very well.

This game is best. Stop crying and learn game dynamics guys. A game isn't being bad because you are not good at it.

Harsh but true. If you look for instant success go play another game. I play this game for 7 years now and It is the best!

tr TT
User
Registered2013-05-20
eng Notorious Gods
tr Mustafa >> thursday june 4 - 20:10

Taylan I agree with you. Rocking is the best of online games :)

tr Mustafa
User
Registered2014-03-22
tr FC Kadıoğlu Gençlik ⭐
hr klokan92 >> friday june 5 - 12:05

Rocking Soccer is indeed one of the best, at least for me. However, lot of people are dropping the RS for good. We notice this in our, quite active community for RS standards.

Also, mentioning others online games was not allowed before. We had to delete comments that are advertising other games before. I guess it still isn't allowed, but nobody care anymore.

hr klokan92
User
Registered2013-02-08
si NK Krško