Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

es spectra >> monday june 15 - 18:34

If the world cup bug is not fixed, competing as a National Team coach is a nonsense. This might be the beginning of the end of the game. 

es spectra
Registered2013-10-11
it Echo >> monday june 15 - 19:34

@spectra

That would be almost the end of the end imo.

The beginning of the end was the moment the higher facility levels was introduced.

it Echo
User
Registered2013-05-23
il Numpty >> monday june 15 - 20:06

"I have never promised anything but blood, tears, toil, and sweat. Now, however,

The bright gleam has caught the helmets of our soldiers, and warmed and cheered all our hearts. ...

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Winston Churchill

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
es spectra >> monday june 15 - 20:28

As far as I know, cancelling an already started competition had not happened yet. If that´s the direction the game takes, many of us will leave.

es spectra
Registered2013-10-11
eng Dragontao >> monday june 15 - 22:07, Edited monday june 15 - 22:07

All I can say it, after 6 years and 9 months, finally having stadium 11, finally starting to make inroads on the top teams (albeit minor inroads and not motorways lol) and having yet to win a trophy. Vincent had better be aware that if the game dies before I have a trophy to my team's name I will hunt him down ...

... :D

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
be Robbedoes >> tuesday june 16 - 03:29

I am interested because I used to put a whole laundry list of ideas, frustrations, improvements, etc. that did not even have a decent reaction because of development 2 years ago.

And let's face it, this game has a very solid and really good working base, and all the different leagues make it that bit more interesting to play! Not much has to be tweaked because the game is solid, but the balance is inadequate in certain areas (all started when the top players suddenly had nothing to build ...), and that has always bothered me ( eg: stadium expansion can ruin you if you are unlucky to end up in a series where 80% suddenly turns out to be a bot, starters bonus * 2 saves a lot on your finances if you do not fill your stadium 4/5 matches because you have 500,000 fans, your stadium of 14,000 will not be properly filled, while the series next to yours, the same level may consist of a third of old players, which will fill your stadium with 2,000,000 fans)!

I would just work with the community on those little 'mistakes' and simulate certain things in such a way that you are almost certain that the stuff that suddenly seems to break the whole balance, or the keepers of three centuries old who still turn out to be absolute top, can be avoided. ..

I even dare to restart the whole game in version 2.0 in which the old established elite starts in the highest series based on seniority and / or current performance and (eg:) may make three players as compensation (1 * U18 - 1 * U21 1 * tss 24y -27y where 27y has more pts to divide than 24y) so that the National teams are also guaranteed from the start and the (ex-) elite their blood, sweat and tears have been in the game for a reason.

But honor where credit is due ==> the developer (s) of this top football game deserve a statue, and after all these years they may have to think carefully about what they want and why not work on another fantastic project, without losing this fantastic project that ran for years allready!!!

Greetz Rob

be Robbedoes
User
Registered2019-11-15
lv Tamaz >> tuesday june 16 - 04:07

is it normal?

Last 3 u21 games against the same team.

Or thats a bug?

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
ua Kalle >> tuesday june 16 - 04:36

@Tamaz I've seen it happen more often in the past few seasons

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
ee Balthazor >> tuesday june 16 - 04:39

You have those matches, so it's normal. Bug would be if you don't have u21 matches at all. No matter who is your opponent.

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
nl Losing >> tuesday june 16 - 09:42

With opponents being random and so many U21 matches happening, with your league having 9 others in it, that's bound to happen from time to time.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
hr klokan92 >> tuesday june 16 - 20:00

Dragontao, are you serious?

'Will those users cease to enjoy the game because they are now developing it, will they continue to play with a level of knowledge of the game mechanics that gives them an unfair advantage?''

what the hell is Vincent doing the last 8 years? He is playing at top level with, not only complete informations about the game, but with knowledge about future development and changes. How was that fair?

One would might think (and there were users who left the game long ago bcs of this thinking) that this game was his personal toy to become best in something (for his ego), and now he grew bored with it. Which is realy bad, since concept is great...

hr klokan92
User
Registered2013-02-08
si NK Krško
eng Stephen >> tuesday june 16 - 20:40, Edited tuesday june 16 - 20:40

@klokan92 - really? Vincent made a game so he could be the best at something? You have got to be kidding.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
nl Losing >> wednesday june 17 - 05:20

I hope you warmed up before attempting that stretch. He probably wanted to make a job out of doing something he could (developing a game) combined with something he liked (football). There's a lot to criticize about how it's run lately but let's not get ridiculous. 

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06