Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Major League Soccer (388)

ca Sadrudin >> saturday december 23 - 23:03

At the time of his trade, he wasn't a US citizen. He gained US citizenship around a year ago (I think), in Seattle.

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Alex Seymour >> sunday december 24 - 05:50

Guys, admit it. We made a boob of Linda Lusardi proportions on letting that guy go (younger players will have to look that reference up).

For the first 8 seasons we chopped and changed the players so much on the field. Each game I went to every other week there were different players on the field to the last match. We never had consistency in the roster and we suffered.

Trading players because we injured them or they might go to a Swiss div 2 team was exactly why we were called the worst team in the world. I was stunned when we sold Frei.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ee Ryan >> sunday december 24 - 15:44

I found it amazing how dedicated Giovinco is. Major clubs have obvious interest about him, like Chelsea, Inter and many Chinese clubs yet he wants to continue in MLS. I'd like to see him play for the NT tbh, he is much better than the young generations they want to use including Belotti, El Sharaawy etc. Good luck to Toronto for the new season.

ee Ryan
Registered2016-07-25
ca Alex Seymour >> sunday december 24 - 23:28

I think it has to do with his salary of $7.12 million.

I'd be pretty dedicated if I was paid that much smile

Not complaining though, he has been an utter joy to watch.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ca Sadrudin >> sunday february 18 - 19:10

Toronto FC's season is kicking off on Tuesday, playing Colorado Rapids @ Dick's Sporting Goods Park; in Commerce City, Colorado. The game starts broadcasting at 10 pm ET. Let's hope the Reds start the new season and NACL with a bang!

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
co Camilo Andres >> friday february 23 - 23:29

Officially, I will now be a fan of the new Los Angeles team, Los Angeles FC

co Camilo Andres
User
Registered2014-12-13
kr FC Allies 동맹국
ca Sadrudin >> sunday march 4 - 17:12

First game for LAFC today! Good luck with your new team Camilo Andres!

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Sadrudin >> sunday march 4 - 17:13, Edited sunday march 4 - 17:13

Yesterday's Toronto FC game didn't go to plan...

Toronto FC 0 - 2 Columbus Crew SC @BMO Field in Toronto FC's first ever season opener that they hosted.

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ca Alex Seymour >> sunday march 4 - 20:13

Thought they might have handed out some commemorative memorabilia after the game seeing as we did the treble.

All they handed out was mini snicker bars.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ro Andrei >> sunday april 1 - 07:17
Zlatan! The man still has it.

His second goal was slightly offside but guess it was too close to call for the linesman. Anyway, his first one ... if you didn't watch it, go watch it. It has Zlatan written all over it.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ca Sadrudin >> monday april 2 - 22:45

The big joke going around is "Zlatan didn't come to MLS, MLS came to Zlatan."

ca Sadrudin
Registered2016-06-18
ro Andrei >> tuesday april 3 - 03:06
Same with "Zlatan didn't come to LA. LA came to Zlatan."
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> wednesday may 16 - 04:10

Zlatan who?