Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

hr klokan92 >> wednesday june 17 - 08:21

Stephen

I didn't say he did this, just that there are people who actually belive that (and left the game bcs of it). Which is bad enough...

I started this game before season 1, been admin for most of that time. I don't know if there was 20 days overall in which i didin't log in to RS. I don't think i will lose interest for RS, but I can say my opinion, and as admin, opinions of 'normal' users that don't want to spoke against people who run this game.

The point is, why would for anyone who think it is ok for Vincent playing 7 years at top level be a problem if new owner do the same? 

hr klokan92
User
Registered2013-02-08
si NK Krško
ro Raderian >> friday june 19 - 12:07

Given the recent events, maybe the name of this topic should be changed into #SellTheGame. From Vincent's "feedback" is quite clear that he has no intention to save it.

ro Raderian
User
Registered2019-08-30
ro Dragon Riders
hr klokan92 >> monday june 22 - 10:38

At least he is alive... that's good news

hr klokan92
User
Registered2013-02-08
si NK Krško
hr Kupus >> tuesday june 23 - 11:36, Edited tuesday june 23 - 13:08

@Raderian

Actually, recent information to the admin team has very clearly clarified that the game will not die or be shut down by devs. It will remain in its current shape.

So, we should not expect any big changes exept fixes here and there. But also, there is no need for any continuous panic on game being closed by devs in a recent future as they have now stated the opposite.

I believe this is good enough news for most of the people in this game but for everyone to understand that they can continue their journey to the top without fearing a shut down almost being there.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
eng holt >> tuesday june 23 - 11:42

@Kupus That's good to hear,considering what happened an hour ago...

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
au davo >> tuesday june 23 - 11:45

Yey! The game is saved. We can now close this thread I guess.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
hr Kupus >> tuesday june 23 - 13:18

@holt

I´m only passing by information provided to us. I trust and now to some extent believe and expect that the provided status will indeed stay as stated.

But this also includes some acceptance from us that if the game is no longer developed more than minimum it problably also includes less general attention and perhaps slightly longer down times and response time when issues occurs.

Anyone believing that zero down time or bug free environment exists in reality should re-evaluate that thought.

Perhaps one challenge for the forum community could be to spend less time in enhancement proposals but more on actual bugs and the ones that really needs to be solved. We still should expect those to be fixed in my opinion. The admin community is trying their best to highlight this to the devs and I indeed hope that this recent news could at least result in attention for the more severe bugs.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
ro Raderian >> tuesday june 23 - 13:18

@Kupus: it's good to know that there is still some kind of feedback. I wish this was communicated in a more official way though, like a message from the admin team to all users, in the News section. Like many people here, I am willing to extend my VIP subscription and support the game but I want at least some (official) reassurance that the game will still be up in 6 or 12 months.

Then is the second topic, the long term bugs. They are not critical but they are annoying sometimes and they should be addressed at some point.

Last but not least, maybe some people are happy with the game as it is but there is plenty of room for improvement. Also, there should be better ways to help new managers have a faster progress so they stay in the game. Maybe open a new country or, why not, a virtual continent where managers (old and new) can start from zero.

Anyway, selling the game could remain an option if Vincent&co cannot do too much of the above. Because maybe someone else (more motivated) would.

ro Raderian
User
Registered2019-08-30
ro Dragon Riders
ua Kalle >> tuesday june 23 - 13:58

You can't force them to sell :) So if the Dev's say this is it, we will fix problems, won't develop and won't sell, thats the new reallity and every user has to deal with it.

Make a choice can i play this version or will i quit.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
ro Raderian >> tuesday june 23 - 14:20

Who said anything about forcing?

It's an open discution about what's better for the game and the people playing it. And actually devs don't say anything lately, that was one of the points.

ro Raderian
User
Registered2019-08-30
ro Dragon Riders
ua Kalle >> tuesday june 23 - 15:01

Kupus said and i quote "Actually, recent information to the admin team has very clearly clarified that the game will not die or be shut down by devs. It will remain in its current shape"

So the Devs did say something :)

And you said "Anyway, selling the game could remain an option if Vincent&co cannot do too much of the above. Because maybe someone else (more motivated) would"

Seems to me selling isnt a option if the devs stated the above, at least not without the devs making the first moves in this.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> tuesday june 23 - 15:31, Edited tuesday june 23 - 15:31

So to summarise what I think is being said here:

• The game will carry on for the forseeable future. Most likely for a long time.
  • Significant development is not going to happen. 
  • Minor changes are possible. Maybe!
  • Major bugs will probably be fixed at some point, not necessarily quickly.
  • Minor bugs will probably be left to fester.  
  • It's unlikely to be sold. At least not any time soon.

Whether disappointed or pleased the reality is nothing much is going to change from the current situation. This is how it's been for the last couple of years but at least that's now (semi) official. 

Even without further development it's still a great game. So it seems to me that the only real choices are whether to play the game or not and also whether to buy VIP or not. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
es spectra >> tuesday june 23 - 18:50

I am sorry, but I do not understand... When you say major bugs will probably be fixed at some point, is that what has happened, with the cancelled World Cup?

I mean, not answering during more than one month (despite the bug was reported several times), and then cancelling one on-going competition, less than one week before the beginning of the final round, is a synonym of "fixing"? Is that what we can expect? Is there any reason why bugs would be fixed more quickly, in the future? Is that all the explanations we deserve, from the organizers, after letting us down for more than one month?

es spectra
Registered2013-10-11
ro Raderian >> tuesday june 23 - 19:04

@Kalle: well, thumb up for Kupus for at least trying to share something with us. But in reality, "Kupus said that someone said something" in some restricted conversation is not the type of communication me and probably many others are expecting from devs.

ro Raderian
User
Registered2019-08-30
ro Dragon Riders
eng Dragontao >> tuesday june 23 - 20:06

I agree Raderian, it shows contempt for customers, especially when many are paying customers.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2