Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

Return to search results

English >> Suggestions

VIP fair play (124)

ca Alex Seymour >> thursday august 23 - 19:20

It's unlikely that the ads generate that much revenue tbh, and yes, running servers to host things costs money. I doubt this game is run on a cheap GoDaddy shared server.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
in Keju >> friday august 24 - 15:54

3,5,7,10 even for loaning out players

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
eng holt >> friday august 24 - 16:34, Edited friday august 24 - 16:35

@Yid Then your theory is endorsing a play-to-win structure.The opinion of the user to contribute money(or not) to the game is none of the games business.One plays a game for the kicks.If one wants to donate money,let him do so,while honoring him or rewarding him for his contribution,but don't make it into a pay-to-win game.

Implementing the (3,5,7,10) system and allowing 3 lineups will ensure that everyone receives what they deserve.Plus it helps Non-Vip's to develop their teams better.

RockingSoccer utilises two servers from LeaseWeb and utilises TinyMyce,although after seeing the prices,I think the developers stick with the community based(developer for two servers start at 180 $/mth).

Even if you somehow consider that the devs chose the costliest Cloud server option,the total for the two servers is 140 $/mth.

Considering that every NT has a manager that is currently on VIP-1,

The total amount of money collected per month from them will be

4.466*220=982.5 dollars per mth.

Now ,by subtracting the lowest limit of the income from the higher limit of the expenses,you will still have at the very least , 50$/mth as spare.

Hence,I would like to thank the Vip's for donating,but please treat the Non-VIP's with modesty.We play the game cause it's fun and we like it.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Yid >> friday august 24 - 16:36

@Holt. To get to and to maintain level 3 VIP for a year in advance hardley costs a fortune, it's under £10 a month and i don't even use the setting of lineups as i log in everyday and set my lineups myself.

The game gives you a choice as you don't have to pay to play but if they did not give advantages to people who buy VIP then no-one would buy it because it would not be worth it. Then we might not have a game at all.

If you don't want to buy VIP that is your choice but then you have to accept that you will not get the advantages it brings.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng holt >> friday august 24 - 16:47

@Yid I don't think that spending 10 pounds a month on an online game is feasible for a person without a great disposable income.

Following major websites like Lichess.org,people pay even though they do not receive ANY benefits.They pay to support the game.Of course,you can say that it is Chess,but they easily could have put up paywalls,which does not make anyone happy ,except the ones that pay for benefits.

Buying VIP may be upon the discretion of the user ,but it must also ensure that the Free user should receive a complete experience of the game.

All that I am trying to say is that the VIP's deserve their benefits,but the advantages that they receive must not be outright and convert the game into a pay to win.

This can be ensured by the (3,5,7,10) system and 3 lineups for Non-VIP's.Everyone wins.Everyone goes home happy.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Yid >> friday august 24 - 16:57

@Holt in my oppinion the advantages you get from VIP do not do that.

You can be a succesful manager on here without VIP.

And that's VIP 3 for VIP 1 it is much cheaper.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng holt >> friday august 24 - 17:16

In that case ,non-tech friendly people still are uncomfortable with transfering money ,as someone I knew almost lost 1500 $ in the process.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
fr TONTONKAL >> friday august 24 - 17:30

I endorse 100% what holt wrote.

I’ve played this game 5 years +, was a VIP first 18 or 24 months.

Since then, I open or reload pages on average 100+ times daily, two banners per page. Let’s say 6000 banners monthly (probably more).

Consider the price of a banner at a minimum of 50 cents per mil. That’s a minimum of 3 euros monetary contribution monthly, 50% more than VIP1.

fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30
eng Dragontao >> friday august 24 - 17:31, Edited friday august 24 - 18:22

People who pay keep the game free for those who either can't or who don't want to.

VIP benefits aren't great. Take away any of them and ity's not worth bothering with. Then there's a good chance the game dies.

As for loans. How many managers actually loan out 10 players? It's a nice option to have. I don't think I've ever loaned more than 5 and I do it to help manage my reserve squad and to get players ready to replace older first team players.

Freeloaders should stop moaning about those who keep the game free for them.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
actually the vip gives great benefits, no doubt about that, yes my league have been won by only vip teams, only season 37 I came close, lost out because I conceded few more goals and scored one less and because a vip manager quit his team and his team being managed by vip bot, got a weird double 2-2 draws against me, no human manager manage that against me, but it was because a vip manager have to win the league..

But seriously 10 loans is much, while having 2 players on TL and just 2 players on loan for non-vip is a big low.
I don't envy any vip member the benefits they have is deserved.
But non vip deserve something too, I have 2 15yrs supertalent on TL for four days (4 rounds) if I try to sale my other supertalents they will probably be on sale till the window closes, it means I can loan out anyone or sale older players. This should be tweak a little.
eng holt >> friday august 24 - 19:25

@Don-X That is exactly what I am trying to tell.The Vip's receive benefits,cause they pay for it.But providing 7 slots,additional income,home attendance etc. etc. for 5 $ per month make it a pay-to-win game.

At this point,I shall not argue more upon that matter.You reap what you sow.But surely employing a (3,5,7,9) or (3.5.7.10) system is more benefitial to all than the current scheme?Surely having three lineups isn't too big a problem.

For the VIP's that are having a fuss with the increase of one measly spot for the Non-VIP's ,you must surely have no problem with Nepotism and Economic Inequality."If you can't afford it,too bad.You should have earned some money"

@VIP's"Freeloaders should stop moaning about those who keep the game free for them."

If you take TONTONKAL's calculation and you reduce it by 75%,2Non-VIP's contribute as much as a VIP-1.And considering that Non-VIP's vastly outnumber the VIP's,it is us who promote the site.You guys are just paying your gratitude.

A game without VIP's may require(if any) downgrades and may cause inconveniences,but a game without Non-VIP's is just a closed,costly private server that somewhat resembles Reddit Gold,where people brag of their VIP status and constantly trash-talk in the Frustration Forum,about how they can't deal with it anymore and how badly they want to revoke their VIP status.

I am not out(for now) to declare war.VIP's,enjoy what you receive.Just employ the (3,5,7,9) or for the adamant VIP-3,the (3,5,7,10),give us an extra lineup,treat us with kindness and we shall be on our way.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
fr TONTONKAL >> friday august 24 - 19:58

To me the most unfair advantages of VIPs are the following: 

1. You make a lot lot more money on the transfer market when you can list and bid on 10 players than list and bid on 2. A lot more!  

2. Created players that VIP managers get twice a year and sell for 200M. Non-VIP managers never get   to 880 or 1 000 credits. never. 

I always said cash paying managers should benefit from extra features, but no pay to win features. The above are very unfair. 15M sponsorship bonus per season is very unfair too. Getting attendance bonus when you don’t attend (sic!) is just as ridiculous as unfair.

fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30
eng Dragontao >> friday august 24 - 20:21, Edited friday august 24 - 20:22

Every so often this whole argument rears its head again because some non-VIP starts belating on about fairness because someone has something more because they can pay for it. It's not unfair.

Do you expect to get extra channels on your tv if someone has cable and you can't afford it or choose not to pay for it.

Boo hoo, it's not fair. Welcome to life. However do you cope with the world outside of RS.

This game isn't pay to win. You get no in match benefits from being a VIP.

Maybe there's a slight boost in finances, but astute managers who aren't VIP can still benfit and there have been vast improvements with starter bonus and the bank buying players.

VIP isn't even that expensive. 6 VIP vouchers will get you VIP 1 for a year  12 VIP vouchers will give 2 years of VIP 1 for 1.92 euros a month. I wonder how many of those moaning waste more than that a month on useless shite that they don't really need. Snacks, cups of coffee, cigarettes.  

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
fr TONTONKAL >> friday august 24 - 20:55

advice to Dragontao: if you wish to participate in a discussion, please stay constructive and discuss facts. No need to troll or bully users here. Personally if find your posts offensive. 

If you don’t agree that massive financial bonus directly influence the game outcome, fine. but please  come up with serious arguments so we can further debate. 

fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30