Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Sticky New special attributes (231)

il Jordy Cruijff >> saturday july 26 - 07:02, Edited saturday july 26 - 07:02
grasulxxl, I likesome of those ideas, but the numbers of the bonuses themselves (in all ideas) are way too big...
il Jordy Cruijff
Registered2013-04-08
fr Mitch >> saturday july 26 - 22:21
"Brutal" s a funny suggestion
fr Mitch
User
Registered2014-04-17
eng 1312 >> sunday july 27 - 22:09
anything for strikers pls

lets say

Composed - calm - bonus on finishing
eng 1312
User
Registered2013-03-20
ro ✣✤❄✸● ☠☢☣ ●✸❄✤✣ >> tuesday august 19 - 13:50, Edited tuesday august 19 - 17:28
Hi there, here is my second round of suggestion for attributes.
I have also decreased some bonuses for the above post, as requested by Macabi.

STARTER(non-trainable) - Player receives a small bonus in the first 45 minutes and he is in the starting team (+0.25 speed, +0.25 power if the player is in the first 11/7 for the first part of the game.)
WHY? IRL players (usually old or inexperienced) may play better in the first half and be exhausted in the second half.

SUBSTITUTE(non-trainable) - Player receives a small bonus in the second 45 minutes and if he substitutes another player in the second half. (+0.25 speed, +0.25 power if the player is not in the first 11/7 for the first part of the game, but replaces another player in the second half)
WHY? As opposite to the above, players that come as a substitute are fresh and are more likely to play better.

GUARD(trainable) - The player is more likely to play defensive if the team is ahead, receives a small defensive bonus if the team leads and does not leave position. (+0.5 dueling if the team is ahead, and does not move out of position)
WHY? Some managers might opt to keep the advantage and after scoring go into a defensive stance.

VULNERABLE(non-trainable) - The player receives a negative bonus short period after a goal is scored (-0.5 passing, -0.25 dueling after either of the teams have conceded for 10 game minutes)
WHY? This would show the emotional environment of a football match, in most cases players are either motivated or demotivated by a conceded goal.

ROBUST(non-trainable) - Player has a small negative bonus over speed but is more likely to protect the ball in a duel (-0.25 speed, +0.5 power for the player)
WHY? This attribute is similar to the tall attribute in the game and to the SHORT attribute presented above as there are different types of players.

STAR(non-trainable) - Increased attendance when the player is in the first 11 (+5% attendance per STAR player, bonus should not exceed 10%, bonus should be applied both on home and away matches)
WHY? IRL some people might go to the stadium just to see a player.
ADDITIONAL: the STAR attribute should be applied only for players with 5+ talent.

STOPPER(trainable) - Player is more likely to intercept in the middle of the field (+1 power if the player is assigned in areas 3,6)
WHY? There are players which are good middle players, this would be a great incentive for opponents to start using wings more. A good bonus for DM and CB, which would make people use this position more than CM and DCB as they do now.

Hope you like them and i'm waiting for ur feed-backs.
ro ✣✤❄✸● ☠☢☣ ●✸❄✤✣
Registered2013-09-19
nl Blaaskaak >> sunday august 31 - 11:32
@Mat & &grasulxxl: Yes, I like many of your idea's, specially the 'tactical' ones. Here are some more suggestions:

ANTICIPATOR is likely to move forward when his team has the ball, and to move back when opponents have the ball.
This will be good voor defenders and mids; at the moment often the opposite happens.

FREE RUNNER (this is a poor translation from Dutch, somebody helps me out here?) likes to move away from other players when his team has the ball.
Will be good for forwards to receive assists.

MAN TO MAN MARKER tends to stick to nearby opponents when the opposing team has the ball, get's a small duelling bonus.

Generally I like skills that are influenced by ball posession. I'm hoping that by more of these skills, a manager can increase the tactical play of his team.

Another, related suggestion: tactical skills could be trained skills and perhaps some of them could be non-trainable, but what if some of those skills could only be added to created players? This would increase the value of created players wihout necessarily giving them huge talent. For the record: I am still strongly in favour of a good 750c-player though, better than youth10 (but other thread :-)).
nl Blaaskaak
Registered2013-04-11
eng Stephen >> sunday august 31 - 15:22
@Blaaskaak - 'Free runner' is someone who looks to move into space when he doesn't have the ball? I can't think of a suitable phrase for this in English. Sometimes strikers are described as playing 'on the shoulder' which means that they try to run in behind the defence to receive passes and crosses. Someone like Michael Owen or Fernando Torres whose games were based almost entirely on pace would be a good example of this.
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
no Lied >> sunday august 31 - 15:34
That's a poacher.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
nl Blaaskaak >> sunday august 31 - 16:15
'Running free' (literally translated) means in Dutch: going into open space and not being hampered by a man-to-man marker. Does the term poacher cover that, Lied? I'm a complete infant when it's about RL football.
nl Blaaskaak
Registered2013-04-11
no Lied >> sunday august 31 - 16:38
A poacher is a player who focus almost solely on scoring goals. Usually they move in between the central defenders and wait for a killer pass, relying on good acceleration and being good off the ball, like Owen, Del Piero, J.Hernandez and Torres. But a poacher doesn't have to be fast, Mario Gomez and Klose are also poachers, who aren't fast but very good finishers and good in the air.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
nl Blaaskaak >> sunday august 31 - 17:37
Ah, then it is something different. Thanks.
nl Blaaskaak
Registered2013-04-11
tw 王跛輪 >> thursday september 4 - 01:54
how about some negative spec ?
tw 王跛輪
User
Registered2013-05-24
ng EFECO >> thursday september 4 - 10:47
gud idea
ng EFECO
User
Registered2014-04-09
ee Balthazor >> thursday september 4 - 21:29
Roaming and downhearted are already enough because they're appear so often. And those players are so unwanted that it seems better to fire them at once when they're pulled from YC.
ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
us Mercuric >> friday september 5 - 03:02, Edited friday september 5 - 03:03
I would like to see a new ability called Tactical Player. If your player hasn't gotten a card yet, the opponent is on the ball, and your team is outnumbered or the defense is up the field, the player attempts to tackle the ball carrier. This has a high chance of resulting in a foul and a card.
us Mercuric
User
Registered2014-08-15
ng DangerChick >> saturday september 6 - 00:08
How about. "Short" "Anchor man" "Fox in the box" "head"
ng DangerChick
User
Registered2014-04-29