Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Epic quotes in Football! (28)

sco Flea >> friday august 8 - 12:51
"I scored with the feet i had at hand" João Pinto, Porto Defender, who also said "At halftime the team was on the edge of a cliff, but we did the right thing, we took a step forward"
sco Flea
User
Registered2013-02-08
sco Flea >> friday august 8 - 12:52, Edited friday august 8 - 12:52
"Wow, Juskowiak, the advantage of having two legs" A portuguese Tv commentator after a brilliant play from the then Sporting forward
sco Flea
User
Registered2013-02-08
eng Aamirkhan >> friday august 8 - 14:36
??
eng Aamirkhan
Registered2013-06-18
eng Aamirkhan >> friday august 8 - 14:36
Not so epic. . .maybe for the Portuguese lol :)

Bt thanks for contributing @Kali :)
eng Aamirkhan
Registered2013-06-18
za Mister Buckley >> friday august 8 - 15:31
"Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home."

Wenger responds in May 2002 to Sir Alex Ferguson's claim that Manchester United had been the best side in the Premier League since Christmas that season.
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
eng Aamirkhan >> friday august 8 - 15:48
Ok this one is quite gud lol :)
eng Aamirkhan
Registered2013-06-18
sco Flea >> friday august 8 - 16:08
Do you know how racist you sound? "maybe for the Portuguese"? You sir are one person i am not interested in talking to anymore. Enjoy the post, since you are the only one who posts here and it seems you don't like when others post. Bye
sco Flea
User
Registered2013-02-08
eng Kezza >> friday august 8 - 21:47
The legendary Eric Cantana once said this (at a press conference in 1995)..

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
eng Kezza >> friday august 8 - 21:48, Edited friday august 8 - 21:49
The background behind the quote above (source: http://www.goal.com)

King Eric's disciples would surely attack the Manchester Bastille better known as Old Trafford if this wasn't number one!

Following his assault at Selhurst Park the Man Utd number seven was disciplined and given community service as part of his punishment. Thrown to the media the moody star sat silently through the press conference as club officials kept reporters up to speed with the development of the story.

Then something stirred, Cantona spoke and uttered his most famous quote, taking a long sip of water in between, which compared his hounding by the media to the daily routine of hungry seagulls. Merci beaucoup Eric.
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
ca Alex Seymour >> friday august 8 - 23:19
Bill Shankly: If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd shut the curtains.
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday august 9 - 07:20
what did you give your wife for a birthday present? nothing, he already has Zlatan
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
ca Alex Seymour >> monday august 11 - 18:52
'The boy's going through a difficult time. He couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo' Dave 'Harry' Bassett
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
nz Luke Broadcast >> monday august 11 - 18:56, Edited monday august 11 - 18:56
If he could pass a nightclub as well as he passes the football, he would be great!

H. Redknapp :D
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18