Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Head Injuries (25)

vu Amun-Ra >> tuesday may 12 - 19:22
Most fish die while fishing
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
ca Jax >> tuesday may 12 - 19:52
Ugh. Fishing is soooo boring. I always thought of it as an excuse for married men to get away from their families for a few hours or longer. Like a less fun alternative to golf for these men.

I'm bias as I don't like fish and I've usually lived in the city or surrounding area. Can someone explain the allure?
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
eng Dragontao >> tuesday may 12 - 19:56
Can't be as boring as cricket. Imagine going fishing and listening to cricket commentary on the radio at the same time. I'd be worried it would make me throw myself in because drowning would be a better option than that mind numbing tedium.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday may 12 - 20:04
That may explain the more deaths thing.
ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Dragontao >> tuesday may 12 - 20:11
Good point Alex.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca Jax >> tuesday may 12 - 20:13
@Dragontao I actually watched the big Cricket Tournament finals between Australia and New Zealand. Not the whole thing but an hour or two. It wasn't as boring as one of those god awful fishing shows.

I am a big baseball fan and many consider that to be boring. I understand it but having played it at a high level, I appreciate the intricacies of it.

Now I know one of you is going to have an opinion on darts. Explain this craze to me. I see halls filled with people getting hammered, watching professional darts. I have a good friend who loves it. He loves the guy who announces the score of each round haha. He's usually giving a good effort on the call.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
eng Dragontao >> tuesday may 12 - 20:17
But those darts players are such fine athletic specimens, sportsmen in peak physical condition ...
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca Jax >> tuesday may 12 - 20:20
...like Raymond Van Barneveld? haha

Everytime I turn on the TV around this time, I see his mug chucking darts.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
vu Amun-Ra >> wednesday may 13 - 05:28
this is turning into a nice topic. They can make darts more exciting. Use spears or axes and rotating platforms with fish nailed on it. If you miss, you gotta go watch an hour of cricket.
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
eng Dragontao >> wednesday may 13 - 05:58
Leave the fish out of it. Use fishermen instead. Even it up a bit.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2