Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Decrease the Market Value of Older Players (45)

eng Kezza >> sunday august 25 - 13:59
not so sure making younger players more expensive would be a good idea.. as they will suddenly become unsellable.

Vincent.. can bots make offers for all players.. with a max of 1m for instance (regardless of player value?)? If this was easy to implement.. I think this might be a better idea? Maybe along the lines of the formula suggested by Gabrielorco?
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
lv Tamaz >> sunday august 25 - 14:13
@ Kezza
well not good idea that BOTS cud buy 1mil and expensive players
many managers i think because of that cud abandon their clubs and try to choose a tem with those players.
lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
it Echo >> sunday august 25 - 14:20
I think the formula for young-middle age players works good.
The problem is for the older ones, actually too expensive for their age.
I suggest to cut their value with a method similar to the one that cut the skills, but much heavier.
Without touching the formula, a "value factor" can be introduced.
Something like: 100% till the age of 29, then 95%, 85% when he reaches 30yo, 70% when 31, 50% when 32 and so on till a minimum of 20%.
The figures are just an example, to explain the method.
I saw sakon already suggested something similar before, the difference here is that the loss of value is crescent year after year.
I think it could work well.
it Echo
User
Registered2013-05-23
br gandula >> sunday august 25 - 15:31
I don't think the market value formula should be changed, but increasing/decreasing the multiplier of putting players in the market should be better, when you sell a younger player, you should be able to put him at the double of his market price, for example, and when you sell a 30 year old, half.
br gandula
User
Registered2013-02-12
nl Corniel >> sunday august 25 - 15:41, Edited friday august 30 - 09:55
I think that nobody knows what the value of older players should be. The oldest players at the game are 30 years (and 45 weeks). We don't have enough feeling with there grow potential, and what they can bring for the next say 5 seasons.

I've got a 29 year old midfielder that now is worth 5 stars. He still is becoming better (he is by far the strongest midfield of his country). I wouldn't be surprised he will keep more than 4.5 stars when is is 38 or so. But what is 4.5 stars worth 8 season from now? Hard to predict.

So the question if the 2 million the system says he is worth, is too hard to answer. In this case I don't want to sell him, but If I would, for a lot of teams he could be a key player for a long time.

For younger players I think you can say the values are too low. In real life you don't know how player will develop. In this game, you know. So you don't take any risk.
nl Corniel
Registered2012-12-18
hu MacikaG >> sunday august 25 - 16:44
well, 4,5 stars player worth heaven for a player who starts this game 6-7-8 seasons later. For whom now has a lot of 4.5 stars player, 8 years later he worth much less.
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
vu Amun-Ra >> monday august 26 - 00:00
What about lowering the wage of older players? That would make it more interesting to keep them on your squad...
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
il joest5 >> thursday august 29 - 07:10
I have put two of my players for sale allready twice in the current transfer window for the minimum price and couldn't get any bids. I suggest that each time a player is put on transferlist for the minimum price and didn't get bids then if his manager try to sell him again (in the same transfer window) the minimum asking price for him will be decrease so that he will have a better chance to be sold.
il joest5
Translator
Registered2013-02-07
us Ulysses >> thursday august 29 - 20:51
1) Has anyone else had trouble selling older players? They seem to be overpriced and impossible to sell (in contrast to the younger players who are significantly underpriced).

I think it would be better if the value of older players decreased over time starting at some point. I have a player that would be a star player (and has been one of my best players until recently) on all but a few of the best teams in my league (and region), but nobody will buy him (I admit that I had been undertraining my players' main attributes until recently). He's still a very good player, but he's too expensive for a good team to spend money on, especially since younger players will eventually pass him. He's also too expensive for a new team to bid on, even though he would be really helpful, since they don't have that kind of money.

Perhaps I'm just overreacting to the problems I've had selling one player in a smaller region - a second opinion on the potential issue would be helpful. It is also likely that the main issue could be selling in a smaller market rather than the age of the player.
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
fr TONTONKAL >> thursday august 29 - 21:42
in real life, these players are to be sold to Quatar, China, or... the US ;-)
fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30
eng Kezza >> thursday august 29 - 22:07
Hi Ulysses,

Worth reading this...

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/2?topic=5728&posts=22

I would also say that I had a few 28yr olds (all between 4-4.5*) and a 29yr old (4*+) on the market and sold them all.. the secret to this is listing them as cheaply as it'll let you (definately below market value).

Keep listing them until they sell and promote them as much as possible on transfer forum would be my advice

Kezzer
eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
us Ulysses >> friday august 30 - 00:59
Thanks for the link and the suggestions.

I guess that I missed that thread, but it seems to cover this issue adequately (even if it hasn't yet been resolved).

I've listed the player three or four times, once at a price below market value and currently at the minimum price possible.

I guess that I need to start contacting the Qatarian teams.
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
il joest5 >> friday august 30 - 09:46
I also suggested something about this problem:

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/1?topic=6621&posts=1

Maybe my post should be moved to here or to topic Kezza added here.
il joest5
Translator
Registered2013-02-07
nl Vincent de Boer >> friday august 30 - 09:49
I merged all the topics about this.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
fr TONTONKAL >> friday august 30 - 10:51
I didn't want to post here because this one is about old players, so I created a new topic but I think it's related:

http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en?topic=6919
fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30