Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Reinstall first bidder advantage between human managers (27)

at schorny >> friday august 30 - 14:23, Edited friday august 30 - 14:25
Everyone has this problem. I still haven't gotten the Defender I want. Even my fourth choice got taken by someone else.

But whats the other option? Only you get the players you want and noone else? The auctions you lost, you weren't the only one. If 10 people want a player, how should it be decided who gets him? No matter which way it's decided, there will be 9 losers who will complain the system is unfair.

The current system is pretty fair - everyone has equal chances. This is good. This means you and I have the same chance at getting a player even though my team if way more attractive for a player than yours. And I think it is very good that we have the same chance, because everyone has an equal chance.

If we don't have equal chances all the good players would go to the same few clubs.

PS:
nothing of this has anything to do with the initiator advantage (which was just a stupid idea - because only novice players would give away initiator advantages).
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
vu Amun-Ra >> friday august 30 - 14:26
We are not talking about the same situations. I'm talking about those snipers who wait till the deadline expires to make their first offer. And they then make it the max bid, so they have a really good chance to get that player. This should change somehow.
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
at schorny >> friday august 30 - 14:39
What exactly is the problem with that?

Bidding late gives no advantage over bidding early.
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
vu Amun-Ra >> friday august 30 - 14:45
It gives an advantage over the one who bid early.

example:

1 offer on a listed player for 250K

1 minute before the deadline expires a dude clicks on offer 350K (lets suppose this is the max one can offer)

All of a sudden your offer goes down from 100% to 33% (eg)

You have no time to react to this offer, so you cant bid 350K as well to get your chances leveled.
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
at schorny >> friday august 30 - 15:01, Edited friday august 30 - 15:02
If you can afford to bid max for a player but don't want to bid this much because you hope to get him cheaper, than you are gambling.

If you are gambling than you have to be prepared to lose. I often don't want to bid max because I don't want to invest that kind of money. This is fine. But people who can and want to invest this much will have an advantage. This is fair.

And money isn't the only factor. It's just the only factor that you can directly influence. If you often lose, you may need to work on the 4 yes to make your club more attractive to the players you want - you can then bid less money and have the same win percentage.

But if you really really want a player, you have to bid max. This is just the way it is.

It would be very unfair if the first bid won just because it was the first bid even though other people offered to pay more. Consider the position of the selling club: If the first bid would get an advantage, the first bid would always be very very very low.
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
fr TONTONKAL >> friday august 30 - 15:13
we are soooo far away from my initial point.
fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30
vu Amun-Ra >> friday august 30 - 15:17
I say if you put someone on the list for 300K, you are willing to sell him for 300K. I lost more offers because of those last minute droopies than because of having not enough yes's. Have a look at my team, and you'll see its very hard for me to get 4 yes's. I have plenty of nationalities. And I focus on weaker players that can be loaned out, or to fill my U21 squad. Getting those weaker players is easier than getting a reinforcement to the main team. The only way I seem to get a decent player without too much trouble is finding one in small countries like Mozambique or so, countries people dont add to their scouting region.

There are many pro's and con's so I suggest we quit here. This is turning into an endless discussion.
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
hr v >> friday august 30 - 18:00, Edited friday august 30 - 18:01
+1 to every post schorny wrote!

Also i should add i'm against initiator advantage. I saw too many exploits of this by offering lowest possible amount for player and hoping to win others with higher bids. If you really want some player be always prepared to offer maximum amount possible. If you don't want him that much be prepared to loose him to someone who does. It's that simple.
hr v
Registered2013-02-04
vu Amun-Ra >> friday august 30 - 18:57
but not the very last minute of the transfer deadline. There's no counter-acting possible
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
hu MacikaG >> friday august 30 - 19:47
I never offer highest bid, only if it is 4th round and 4-5 managers did the same. I realized most of the time the highest bid was lost.
hu MacikaG
Community admin
Registered2013-02-11
hu ⚽Ferencváros✵✵✵
hr v >> saturday august 31 - 15:29
@Pepe:
This was my experience early on in this game: I made a bid for some player at any time. Others made bids behind me and player is in the next round and my credit is lost. As i'm not VIP i don't get credits that easily i can't afford to just throw them away. This forced me to do one of two things if i wanted to bid for a player: wait for a last round where i was sure my offer would stand or wait for the last minute to be sure there would be no next round. As much as i respect your sense of morality as i myself value ethics highly there are times you have to take drastic measures if you want something and there simply isn't other way to do it. You are free to hate me if you want it but remember this: every person here has a reason for doing something in some way. If you don't know the reason it doesn't mean that person is just evil or have anything against you. Good luck to you!
hr v
Registered2013-02-04
vu Amun-Ra >> saturday august 31 - 18:58, Edited saturday august 31 - 18:59
Thank you, I understand your situation. In the meantime I am getting this desperate to get a goalie that I transferred 2 players to my team just because they speak his language... In order to get 4 YES's... Only to raise my odds from 50% to 56%
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09