Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Enemy list (20)

nl Counter_Culture >> saturday august 31 - 13:00
@Pepe in response to the annoyance you describe:

I must confess that, from time to time, I also place a maximum bid on a transferlisted player one minute before the deadline, but in my case (and I think this counts for many other players too) this has nothing to do with "dirty play" or anything.

Consider the following situation: currently I have a full first squad and my reserves team consists of 15 players. This means that I have 3 spots left for new players. I have bid on 2 players (A and B) on the transfer list, which means I can bid on one more player at the moment. The transfer deadlines of players A and B expire in 20 hours. Meanwhile, there are two players on the transfer list I'd like to bid on: player C with a transfer dadline in 1 hour and player D which expires in 2 hours. Now, when 3 of 4 managers have already bid on player C, I'm not going to place a bid on him right away, because I don't want to risk the transfer deadline getting extended bij 24 hours, wich will mean I can't place a bid on player D. I'd rather wait until one minute before the deadline to see if any more managers bid on player C. If so, and the bidding goes into a next round postponing the deadline by 24 hours, then I will in the meantime have a chance to bid on player D and bid on player C later. If no one else bids on player C, then I will place a bid right before the deadline expires, just to make sure I don't lock myself out of bidding for the next 20 hours. :-)

This might sound a little far-fetched, but I've had to do this more than once this transfer period, and I don't think I'm the only one :-) So for many managers who do this, it might not have anything to do with trying to "snatch" a player from under your nose...

It might be a good idea though to see if there are options to improve the transfer deadline system (for example, by extending the transfer deadline for 5 minutes when a bid is placed within 5 minutes of the deadline).
nl Counter_Culture
Registered2013-05-30
nl Koen >> saturday august 31 - 15:08
Hmmm..
Actually, I don't see the ethics here. I don't see any 'good' or 'bad' involved here. Isn't it all about annoyance? If you want a player badly, and the deadline is only a few minutes away, you already start to enjoy your new player. Seeing him snatched away in the last minute may feel like you're being robbed, but that isn't the case. I think this is about emotions, not about ethics.
nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
nl Danh >> saturday august 31 - 20:34
@koen well spoken ;)
nl Danh
User
Registered2013-05-21
us Ulysses >> sunday september 1 - 05:11
I agree with Koen.
us Ulysses
User
Registered2013-02-07
us Polar Bear Council FC
au Mr Legs >> monday september 2 - 09:43
I don't have a problem with players bidding in the last minute. It has nothing to do with ethics, it is just a strategy to try and get a player you want. No different to how things work on ebay or any other auction site.

I keep trying to do this, but almost always forget the cut-off time, so I don't end up bidding at all.

You can counter this type of tactic by refreshing the page in the last minute & making a counter offer before the deadline - assuming you still have time. Personally, I wouldn't care if someone did this or not, if I miss out on the player I move on & try and secure another.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08