Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

FIFA 18 (53)

ro Andrei >> sunday october 15 - 19:42
Well, Orauw, you were right.

The next 4 games that I played on World Class ended 1-0. :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ca Jax >> sunday october 15 - 23:26

If you guys are looking for goals and difficulty, try FUT.  I routinely win (or lose games) 4-2 and 3-3 on PKs.  It's actually really terrible and it feels like it's completely scripted in that something will happen and you cannot do anything to stop it.

If you mention anything on the EA Sports forums about "scripting" or "handicap" you'll imediately get banned but I can tell you in my experience that it is totally real.  

If you play offline (other than FUT) you will not witness this but if you play online against players or on the FUT difficulty scale, it is as real as can be.  I'm sorry but making me hit the post 10 times in a match doesn't mean the difficulty is working properly.  50% of my games on proffesional and above all do this.  I dominate the first 30 minutes, miss 5 legit scoring chances with 3-4 of them striking the woodwork only to be followed by a goal on the other teams first break into my half.  I'm not defending poorly, but the players simply cannot take the ball from the other team.  Odd bounces or insane dribbles/passes and it's 0-1.

..... This is why I like rocket league.  Everyone is on a level playing field. 

ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ro Andrei >> monday october 16 - 02:37, Edited monday october 16 - 13:26
I am not that good to play FUT. Plus I don't have PSN Plus.

Besides, apparently EA decided to send me messages on my console about manipulating online games and banning me from FUT transfer market. Even though I never played a FUT game in my life. I mean ... Seriously?

I mailed them and told them to fix this.

EDIT

Apparently this was a very weird EA bug.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ro Andrei >> sunday october 29 - 05:48
Poland 1 - Northern Ireland 4

Perhaps the best game I've ever played. Or perhaps a shitload of luck, because the frontman was scoring with pretty much every shot or header.

Crossing seems really OP in this year's FIFA. If you got a decent crosser and a good striker in the area, you got it made. I mean, 3 goals in the above game came from crosses. And the 4th, header hit the crossbar and, in the ensuing melee, the striker scrambled it past the keeper.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ua Kalle >> monday october 30 - 11:11

I will do what i do every time when i buy the new Fifa... try to win the champions league with Pec Zwolle, while only contracting free players and young talents.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
ro Andrei >> monday october 30 - 14:29
That's my current CM as well. Free agents and youths signing only. Except I'm doing the Journeyman CM type (see in the OP).
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ua Kalle >> monday october 30 - 15:36

And when i'm done with Pec Zwolle, i always start a CM with Torino, my favorite team outside of the Netherlands.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
ro Jimmy >> sunday march 18 - 09:06

I want to buy FIFA 18. Is better?

ro Jimmy
User
Registered2017-12-03
om Romania - Dream Team FC
ro Andrei >> sunday march 18 - 15:53
I would say it's better than FIFA 17.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
nl Orauw >> friday march 23 - 13:27

Career Mode in FIFA 18 is much better in comparison to FIFA 17 IMO. 

I don't play a lot of Ultimate Team, so I don't know about that.

nl Orauw
User
Registered2015-12-06
no Lied >> saturday march 24 - 10:09

I only play Ultimate Team but it obviously doesn't change that much from year to year. If you liked it before you are going to like it now.

no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
eng holt >> wednesday may 16 - 04:09

Who else can score from kickoff ?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> wednesday may 16 - 18:16
Scored from opponent's kickoff quite a few times. Not much recently, but yeah, quite satisfying to get a very early lead. :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng holt >> monday august 13 - 08:07

Lol no one plays Fifa anymore.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> monday august 13 - 13:37
Speak for yourself.

However, as far as FIFA 19 is concerned, I'm uncertain if I'll be buying it. No changes in Career Mode, just the addition of UCL and EL. And press conferences? That just doesn't sell it for me.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30