Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

World Cup canceled (33)

es spectra >> monday june 22 - 13:28

There's no reason to assume this won't happen again. The bug was reported on May 14th, when there was time to fix it. 38 days later, the answer is it can't be fixed. Why wasn't there any answer before, at least to let us know someone was working on it? Because the organizer just did not care.

First time he gets me wrong, he's the one to blame. Second time, it would be my foul... Therefore, I will stop my vip status. It's just a pity to let the game die like that...

es spectra
Registered2013-10-11
eng holt >> monday june 22 - 13:44, Edited monday june 22 - 13:44

@spectra To be fair,I'm sure that it would have taken a lot of time to figure out what was wrong or what malfunctioned in the first place.Plus I don't think you have the option of restoring settings in a real-time server without it affecting the rest of the game.

I don't see how the NT managers could receive compensation though...

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
es spectra >> monday june 22 - 13:50

@holt,

this is only a game. But don't you think, if there were no possible solutions in May, we would have deserved to be told so, by the organizers? What was the point of studying line-ups and tactics, if the classification games were all friendly, with no consequences, because there was no World Cup?

And, if the answer has taken 38 days to be written, what makes us think next one will be faster?

es spectra
Registered2013-10-11
dk Michael Sørensen >> monday june 22 - 13:57

That sucks.

dk Michael Sørensen
User
Registered2020-05-14
il Numpty >> monday june 22 - 13:59, Edited monday june 22 - 14:01

Although I don't know what the original problem was I would have thought that because it's a game it would be possible to play catch up quite easily. 

Give all the managers a few days to choose their preferred lineup to be used in all matches - and then run the qualifications in 'test' mode all in one day. No injuries, no fitness issues, and use the results to determine the qualifiers. 

This would have been a fair solution for everyone. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> monday june 22 - 14:12

@Spectra I agree with you, but it could be possible that Vincent thought that he would be able to fix it.

@Numpty That completely defeats the purpose of being an NT manager.Results would be completely different had the matches taken place cause game plans would differ, injuries and fatigue could have acted as a variable and managers of smaller countries would be at a huge disadvantage.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> monday june 22 - 14:18, Edited monday june 22 - 14:20

I didn't suggest it was a perfect solution @ Holt, just that it would have been reasonably fair - and far better than cancelling the whole thing or selecting teams at random. 

Sometimes we simply have to be pragmatic and use a solution that works. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
py Cayetano >> monday june 22 - 14:56, Edited monday june 22 - 15:01

Is there any possibilities to play the tournament at least with no crowd, under hard safe protocols and in a bubble mode, like a one on-site for all the teams, refs and staffs?

py Cayetano
User
Registered2013-04-07
eng Proper Top Gaffer >> monday june 22 - 15:24, Edited sunday june 28 - 00:26

This is absurd. A glitch happened and not only do you not know how to fix it but you also just kinda make a statement and that's it?

After the months and months of radio silence?

This is a terrible look. Completely amateurish.

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
ro Raderian >> monday june 22 - 15:55, Edited monday june 22 - 15:55

If only a major bug can get Vincent more involved in the game then, by all means, let's have more of these! :D :D

ro Raderian
User
Registered2019-08-30
ro Dragon Riders
fr Elric Antona >> monday june 22 - 16:07

You guys are hard to please!

First, you should be happy to know that Vincent is alive.

Second, this post is the longest he has written in 3 years.

Isn't it fantastic?

fr Elric Antona
Registered2013-09-11
hr klokan92 >> monday june 22 - 16:20

I don't see how this can be surprise to anyone who is active on forum. It it clear for quite some time in which direction this game is going. This is big slap in the face to RS's reputation, but something like this was expected in some way...

I hope this can be wake up call for Vincent and Delft games, since our struggle on the forum was not...

hr klokan92
User
Registered2013-02-08
si NK Krško
lv Tamaz >> monday june 22 - 18:22

First news in past almost 3 years (!!!!!) And they are bad news about WC :D hah.....

I was so happy to see that News section is red again...takes me back to my childhood times.. but yeah

.. nothing new.

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
pal N10 >> monday june 22 - 20:51, Edited monday june 22 - 20:54

Could it be arranged for next season? There are already qualified 27 teams, so it needs to think about how to play the remaining teams in the African qualifiers and a quick format for Oceania. It's not fair that other NT have made an effort to be told that the tournament is cancelled.

pal N10
User
Registered2015-05-29
co Deportivo Dynamo
bg mo >> monday june 22 - 22:46

Captain left the ship long ago, nothing will be arranged, nothing will change.

bg mo
User
Registered2013-07-25
bg FC Smunck