Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

National teams (17)

il Numpty >> sunday december 13 - 11:02, Edited sunday december 13 - 11:07

No worries, eupoli. I agree the bot formation was probably the main factor (I would suggest that was the lucky aspect), and Wales (Garfman) took advantage of that by playing 433 which made a lot of sense in the circumstances. Most of the goals coming down the centre. Sure they were lucky to score 5 in the second half, but equally they were probably unlucky not to score any in the first half. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Garfman >> sunday december 13 - 13:45, Edited sunday december 13 - 13:46

Hmmm...I'm sure that you are speaking out of frustration, but if you are going to use the 'very lucky' argument, you should perhaps look at all the facts before you come to that conclusion. See the match against Austria for example: https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-18909128

Early in the match, my best midfielder got injured, and it results in a loss. Then the next match against Turkey, just before the match, the best wing defender gets injured, and of course his replacement, who is considerably weaker, faces off against one of the best forwards of Turkey (who scores).

To be fair, though, even with that defender, I would have expected to lose to Turkey, considering they have a better group of players and a tactically stronger manager.

My point is, though, that yes, my team got lucky in this match in getting exactly the result that was needed in this instance, but if there hadn't been so much bad luck in previous matches, the score of this match wouldn't even have mattered.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC