Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Newbies, how did you come across this game? (25)

ng Phantom >> saturday december 2 - 12:02

@ELCHIDI I remember you, I think you took my ears once or twice tho xD..

I searched up online football manager games and RS came forth and I started playing. Been playing manager games since 2010 started with championship manager on a cell phone lol

ng Phantom
User
Registered2018-01-02
tj Al Ahly SC⭐
au IanTheRipper >> sunday december 17 - 14:25

I have been playing other football manager games such as FMU for past 7yrs, but couldnt keep up with the large pay to play managers.

I read a game review site recently that rated games from this genre and Rocking Soccer was mentioned as the best to mould your players training, in depth.  Sounded like the challenge i need.

au IanTheRipper
User
Registered2023-09-19
il Numpty >> sunday december 17 - 20:55

Welcome to the game Jack. 

I see they must now have internet access in the local jails.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> monday december 18 - 09:36

@Numpty Keep up, they've got VR now:

https://www.technologyreview.com/2023/04/26/1071412/inmates-vr-real-world-skills-incarcerated-instructions/

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
au IanTheRipper >> monday december 18 - 11:11

@Humpty, I look forward to sharing a beer and wisdom under blue skies once my parole comes through. Fingers crossed.

au IanTheRipper
User
Registered2023-09-19
il Numpty >> monday december 18 - 16:15

I've only got the one brain cell, so I'll have to bring the beer. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
se socmindmaestro >> monday december 18 - 19:00

Thanks for the friendly enquiry, if you read newbies as recently registered. Urban dictionary has some examples of when it could be derogatory. By the way, did you know that the term was developed in Vietnam since 60% of the new recruits died in their first 3 months of service and the senior soldiers used to name the new recruits "newbies" so that they didn't have to know the real names of the soldiers when they died in the field. Anyway, as a recently registered person to this game I can tell that I searched for "online football manager with 2D gameplay and in-depth player development and a forum with good-hearted people" and RS was the first result. Not really, but here I am and can't really remember how I got here. At first I thought the match engine was too "rocking" back and forth and sideways, but it got better after a while, with player training, not so random anymore. Also reading about the engine helped. Hope this answers how I came across this game as a recently registered person.

By the way, I think it was somehow missed the fact that the first reply was kind of playing with the possibility that the thread starter had recently registered, especially since it can be seen clearly that it wasn't so.

se socmindmaestro
Registered2023-11-20
eng holt >> tuesday december 19 - 10:18

@socmindmaestro Welcome!

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> tuesday december 19 - 11:39

Thanks for the history lesson on Vietnam. Unfortunately it seems that mankind is still making the same mistakes 50-60 years later.

Hope you enjoy the game. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
se socmindmaestro >> tuesday december 19 - 20:46

Thank you @holt @Numpty

Not so much a history lesson, but the origins of a word. However, I can see it was a tad too much... although I enjoy some fun facts now and then, especially etymology of words ^-^

Let's manage in soccer and hope the ball always stays round :)

se socmindmaestro
Registered2023-11-20